Sunday, October 09, 2005

 

Boy I am knackered...

Hi all

Shit where has the time gone since my last update on Thursday evening??? So make sure you are comfy and settle in for a long post (well hopefully not tooooo long) :)

Hmmm back to Friday - a hell day at work as I arrived there bright and bubbly and confident I would acheive what I had to... to find an email from my big boss to say that the auditors were coming back and wanted to spend time with Payroll (alias me as D was in Auckland) so that threw me totally and I think I lost about 2.5hrs with him sorting stuff out. Don't think he liked some of the stuff I said but tough! So after all that I didn't finish what I wanted to and will probably get a "telling off" by D when she gets in on Monday but tough flaming titties! Friday night I went up to my friend Judes place as she is not very well at all so to ensure she had something to eat I took up some Fish 'n' Chips for her (and me too) - Marianne thanks for the recommendation of that Fish 'n' Chip shop - I went there and it was beautiful and oh some yummy!!! Watched some of the rugby with Jude and then came home about 8.30pm as she was knackered and wanted to go to bed.

Saturday - I was up bright and early to get to the gym for my one on one with Robyn at 8am! I really was not in the right frame of mind to get a new programme as I was not enjoying it at all but when one thinks about it now Robyn did make some very valid points and I guess once I get settled in with my new programme I will start to see the benefits of it all! I now have a total of 28 mins cardio and 20 mins of general exercises etc to do... The cardio is broken down into 4 x 7 mins on each cardio machine (treadmill, bike, rower and cross trainer) and I LOATHE/HATE the rower but after a wee "discussion" with Robyn about it all it comes down to the fact that I had the wrong posture for it therefore thats why I was getting sore knees etc so I have to start off doing 2 mins with the right posture, then slowly build up to 7 mins and then I can build up the speed! The same thing applies to the cross trainer - will start off with 2 mins with the correct posture and then slowly build that up over time. A lot of the other stuff is concentrating on my abs and posture (ie chest up, shoulders back etc) so will be interesting to see how I improve on that over time.

Anyway, home from the gym, shower, breakfast, hung out washing, vacumed, hung out more washing, then shot up to pick up Helena to take her on the long awaited shopping expedition!!! Oh god shops look out here we come..... LMAO!!! This had been planned for some time as Steph has been telling me to get together with Helena (as he trusts her and likes her taste) to get some new much needed clothes! Though I think he may be slightly regretting it now after we were gone for 6 hrs yesterday!!! hehehe So we took off to Porirua, first things first, loo and then lunch! LOL Then we hit the shops - Farmers first where I got two pairs of black pants - one good pair with grey stripes and so comfy! And the second pair are a linen pair which are offically 3/4 pants but yeap on me they are full length! LOL Next stop was K-Mart where I purchased a t-shirt in a style and colour (apricotty) that I would normally not even consider and also a white singlet (with sweetheart neckline) and an aqua blue cotton cardy to go over the top of the singlet. Next stop on the list was Millars - god Helena and I had a ball there and at one stage we were in the same fitting room trying on identical clothes! OMG it was such a hoot seeing how the same clothes looked on two totally different people - my short arsed 5ft compared to her tall 6ft!!! We were just cracking up the whole time! I didn't buy anything there (but Helena did...). As we were leaving and heading to the car we went past Hannahs where they had a sale on "buy 1 pair get the 2nd pair 1/2 price) so off we went and 15mins later out we came with 2 lovely pairs of summer shoes for me! One nice pair of strappy sandals and one pair of stappy slide on's!

Headed to Tawa after that to Dressmart and there we met Janine who joined in the fun of trying on clothes and having some laughs! There I got a mutlti coloured top (for work) from Bobbies (spent ages there trying on heaps of things) and then I got a stone colour pair of good trousers from Daisy-T (formerly Kooky fashions). Also checked out the Colarado Outlet Store where I saw an awesome pair of shoes 1/2 price but had to restrain myself from buying them as I had already spent a fortune! Checked out Bling as well - boy they have some great jewellery there and real cheap too! Might have to go back there at some stage.... Had a coffee break there too at BB's - must admit I wasn't that impressed with the Trim Hot Chocolate from there. By this stage the security guard was on the door so we guessed we better hit the road! LOL

On the way home, Helena suggested a quick stop at the Warehouse in Petone where I ended up spending yet more money.... got myself a lovely chocolate brown skirt (wearing it today) and a couple more pairs of gym pants. Took Helena home and dropped her off about 6pm much to Craig's relief and then headed home to a very worried Steph! His face was priceless when he saw all the bags I carried in but hey he was the one who told me to go spend some money!

Oh just a footnote about the shopping spree here - we both obviously tried on many, many more outfits and just couldn't buy them all! It was great being able to try on things for the sake of it not just because they fitted and that was all they had in your size! But the fun we had was amazing and we must do it again real soon but with Jo (and Rhian) as extra company! It was a shame that Jo was away for the weekend so next time Jo - you are coming too!!!

I was absoutley knackered, so as we had a pizza in the freezer that was dinner along with some oven baked chips. Watched Sgt Bilko on DVD and was almost falling asleep during that so was tucked up in bed by about 9.30pm! It was real hard work being on ones feet and shopping for 6hrs!!!!! LMAO

Today, I woke with the birds about 7.30am and as the sun was shining I lept out of bed and threw on my walking clothes and took off for a lovely brisk 5km walk and throughly enjoyed it though I must admit my feet were still a bit sore from all the shopping yesterday! Showered, breakfast, grocery shopping, quick visit to Stephs parents, lunch, cleaned Charlie's cage, then off I went delivering the Tupperware that everyone had ordered from my party!

Not long home from that, have brought the washing in, folded it and am now about to head off and cook Watties sweet and sour chicken on rice for tea!

So there you have it - my weekend all wrapped up - so I guess that explains why I haven't had the time to sit down and do an update before now! I do hope you have all had a good weekend - and for those Bathurst Fans - GO HOLDEN!!!!

Catch ya all later

Comments:
woohoo Holden won *again* ... 7 years in a row ;) awesome time yesterday mate, whens the next trip? :D
 
Sounds like a great, and expensive weekend!!
isn't it great to be able to try on all different types of clothes...just because we can!
gone are the days we grab whatever fits and run!!
 
phew and I thought I had a busy day, I am exhausted reading about yours. Oh u must have had a ball.I can see I am going to have to have plenty of cash when I come to town next April.
 
Wow what a fantastic day you had.... and bugger Holden took it out again - am beginning to think I must be the only Ford fan in NZ LOL.

Cheers and have a good week Jaxx :):)
 
Sounds as if you and Helena had fun shopping - LOL at the pair of you with the height difference!
 
OMG - I am SOOOO there on the next shopping expedition!! I am green with envy ;)
 
That was me of course!! Jo :)
 
Oh my god, you must be exhausted after all that shopping!!! Sounds like so much fun :-)

Go Holden! Shame that bugger Ambrose had to go and put Murph out of contention!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?