Tuesday, October 25, 2005

 

A good day.

Hi all

Yay for short weeks.... kept thinking it was Monday today but it was nice to know that it is in fact Tuesday so only 3 more days till the weekend! LOL But to get to that weekend involves a lot of work prior to then so its gonna be a busy three weeks.

In the "old" days at work, the Admin girls in the regions would go in to the office on the Stat Day (i.e. Labour Day) and start working on the timesheets to ensure I still got them in time and then they would take a day off later in the week... but no that doesn't seem to happen any more which means a lot more work for little ole me (and Denise) but we will get there. So yeap overall today at work it has been a good day - they have appointed someone to my role and I briefly met her this afternoon - she is hoping to be able to give 2 weeks notice on the contract she is currently working at and to be able to start with me in my final week and to spend 3 days with me. Not 100% keen on training her as I really only know the basics of the new system but as Denise said - training the newbie on the basics is better than nothing at all.

Foodwise today - really good. Resisted temptation to go out for dinner as it is our 2nd Wedding anniversary today (well done Kate on remembering that - I am impressed). I decided that I would rather have the yummy pork steaks we had here at home with new potatoes and veggies. So dinner has been put on hold for a couple of weeks now as we are already going out for tea on Friday night with Steph's shooting club for their session wind up do and then we are going to Mums for lunch on Sunday so decided that was enough eating out for one weekend so have postponed our dinner until the following weekend. Water today - about 2.5 litres so am impressed with that effort :) Exercise - a great session at the gym. I normally don't go on a Tuesday but as it was closed yesterday I decided to make the effort and go tonight and then will aim to get there again tomorrow night.

Am getting frustrated with the scales at the moment as they don't seem to be moving much at all and I really want to see smaller numbers!!! Though on the inside I am feeling better and I know I am looking better so I guess that is the main thing and numbers are only numbers but to see smaller numbers does make life so much better (or in my eyes anyway)!

Jude is doing well - she started back at work today and managed to hang in there until 3pm and went home and had a nana nap until I rung and woke her at 4.30pm as she was getting her new dryer delivered after 4.30pm so had said I would ring and wake her... she also doesn't want to sleep too long in the late afternoon otherwise she won't sleep properly at night.

Hmmmm speaking of sleeping - I am having great difficulties in sleeping during the week at the moment... the weekends I am fine but during the week I seem to have this "fear" of missing the alarm and sleeping in (which I have done very, very rarely in the past) so I tend to wake about 4.30/5.00am and wait till 6am to get up.... hmmmm on saying this out loud to you all has made me think that perhaps I should be using that time to go for a walk.... hmmmm might try that one out but no promises.

Right, I want to go see the end of "Downsize Me" - so will catch ya all later.

Comments:
You sound so chirpy in your blog tonight hun.

I don't think I would be happy teaching someone who is taking over my job that is for sure.

Love CM
 
You do sound as if you are being such a wonderful friend to Jude!
 
Yes you do sound brighter today - thats what a long weekend does...lol
Congratulations on your 2nd wedding anniversary!!
Have you done any measurements lately??
- they are usually a better indication than those scales!
Hope you are having a great day:)
 
Bugger forgot "Downsize Me" was on... well Thursday today, you have a good rest of the week and weekend :):)

Cheers Jaxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?