Monday, October 10, 2005

 

A long day

Hi all

Before I get into how my day was I just want to share a poem on a sad day for me... today would have been my due date had we not lost our first angel and it has been an up and down day for me.


To the Child in My Heart

Precious, tiny, sweet little one
You will always be to me
So perfect, pure and innocent
Just as you were meant to be

We dreamed of you and your life
And all that it would be
We waited and longed for you to come
And join our family

We never had the chance to play
To laugh, to rock, to wiggle.
We long to hold you, touch you now
And listen to you giggle.

I’ll always be your mother
He’ll always be your dad
You’ll always be our child,
The child that we had

But now your gone….but yet you’re here.
We’ll sense you everywhere.
You are our sorrow and our joy.
There’s love in every tear.

Just know our love goes deep and strong.
We’ll forget you never –
The child we had, but never had,
And yet we will have forever



As much as I would loved to have had the day off today and to have spent it with Steph, both of us had to work which I guess in a roundabout way was better for me especially as it kept my mind occupied and made the day seem bearable. It has only been this evening really that I have had time to sit and think about our angel and what could have been!

Today has been a full on day at work with D back on board after a 2 day course up in Auckland. So there was lots to catch up on and the day just flew by!

Foodwise today - I would love to say brilliant but in all honesty I can only say it was "ok".... had some liquorice allsorts this afternoon and then for tea we had sausages. Now we would probably have sausages about every 3 weeks and they are usually quite nice but for some reason the ones we had tonight were quite fatty but yeap I still managed to eat them which disappointed me in some way but then again I was starving so just wolfed them down!

Water today - about 2 1/4 litres so yay for me on that one! :)

Exercise - despite much resilance and not wanting to do my new programe I went to the gym and throughly enjoyed every single minute of it! Managed to do 3 mins on the rower (with correct posture etc), did 8 mins on the bike, 4 mins on the cross trainer (2 mins forward, 2 mins backwards) and 8 mins on the treadmill! This is the most cardio (apart from walking) I have done in a long time as I have been avoiding the rower for almost the whole year I have been at the gym and will avoid the cycle and cross trainer if I can... so for me to have done time on all of them today is something I am proud of! Also did all the other stuff too and Robyn was really proud of me as I did the squats with the bar (hard to explain) as I was almost in tears doing them on Saturday but yet today not a problem at all! Roll on Wednesday is all I say!!!

Thanks for the great comments about my shopping spree over the weekend - I will take photos of all the new clothes and shoes and post them on here once I know how to put pics on blogger! LOL But I am learning slowly... oh shit speaking of learning I must finish doing my links too.... I promise I will get there but in the mean time my main page (www.geocities.com/cuddly_nz_gal) has a page with all links on it but there are a lot more to be added since I last updated that page as well! Oh I wore one of my new tops today (for Helena and Janines sake - it was the multi coloured cross over one) and got heaps of compliements so yay for me and yay for you two for helping me choose it!

Right I am outta here as I want to ring my mum and catch up with her. Take care and will catch ya all tomorrow.

Comments:
Glad you went to the gym, hard to be depressed while the exercise endorphins are kicking in. Lots of love and thoughts coming your way.
 
Big hugs hun for today.

OHHH I can't wait to see what clothes you have brought. With both Helena and Janine helping you it would have been fun!

Love CM
 
Thinking of you Karen - what a beautiful poem.

Hugs Anne
 
The poem was lovely :-) It must have been a tough day for you, so if sausages are as bad as it got, then you did bloody well!!!
 
What a lovely poem ~ thinking of you both:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?