Sunday, October 23, 2005

 

One more sleep in yet...

Hi ya

Ahhhhh isn't it great being able to type this on a Sunday evening knowing that we still have another sleep in to come tomorrow! Yay for Labour Day :)

Had a great evening on Friday night at Jo's "coming out" party - talk about yakking and laughing but boy it was a great night. And yes I did find yet more Tupperware that I wanted - god knows where I am going to put it but I just had to have it! LOL Gees I had better be careful or I might become known as a "tupperslut" - just can't get enough of the stuff! LOL Think I finally crashed into bed about 11pm and was out to it!

Woke bright and early... and I did end up going to the gym; then I popped up to Jude's, showered, breakfast and then headed back to town for an eyebrow shape and a haircut... then down to Lower Hutt to get a WOF (Warrant of Fitness) for my car and then home to hung out the washing that Steph had put on earlier, lunch, cleaned the bathroom etc, grocery shopping, home for a wee while, then up to Judes to visit her and to catch up with a friend of hers that was also visiting that I hadn't seen for a while. After M had left, I organised some dinner for Jude and whilst I was still there she had another couple of lots of visitors popping in to see how she was doing. I must admit we were having fun doing crosswords in a book that she had been given and then before we knew it - it was 9pm so I said goodnight and came home. Boy the evening flew by! Oh the guy that was supposed to have come to do the hallway ceiling didn't make it due to his high blood pressure... so that was a bugger but health does come first. He did ring and apologise and said that he would try to come around today (Sunday)...

So roll on Sunday... woke early again (gees I hate not being able to sleep in when I have the opportunity) so threw my walking clothes and hit the pavements about 7.20am! Decided to challenge myself a bit more today and rather than just doing the 5km's I normally do, I kept walking for just over an hour and did an esitmated 6.3kms so was pleased with that :) Home and a VERY QUICK shower etc before Neil turned up to do the ceiling. Basically, whilst he was doing that we were confined to the kitchen and deck so I took the opportunity and did 4 loads of washing including the shower curtain which I had taken down earlier and then scubbed and hosed down. Neil finished about lunch time but is coming back again tomorrow with his mate the plasterer as the ceiling in our hallway has been done on the cheap and needs quite a bit of work on it before Neil can seal it and paint it... but at least they won't be here until about 11am tomorrow which gives a chance to sleep in - and boy I think I am really going to try to sleep in too if I can! LOL Anyway, after lunch etc... I popped up to Judes and sat with her for a wee while watching a movie on Sky and then I drove to the Warehouse where she wanted to get some bits and pieces and after that we had a wee ice cream - ok I had the ice cream she had the fru-ju! LOL

After that, we went around to her friends place who has recently had a wee baby who was 4 weeks old yesterday. Boy he is so damn cute and I got lots of cuddles from wee Kale. Also got very clucky... and a wee bit emotional too thinking that I too should have a new born and how unfair life is but I will get there.

Home, brought in all the washing, folded it, put it away, prepared a salad for tea, then my sister,her partner and his girls turned up for a wee visit and then once they had gone, we finished preparing tea, have had that, tidied up and now just winding down...

Tomorrow - not a lot planned really. Will just play it by ear and see what happens. Have told Jude that if she is up to it - her, Steph and I can go for a drive perhaps out to Eastbourne or something like that but will see how she is doing. We also want to catch up with our friends Lynaire and Kev as we haven't seen them for a wee while so will have to try to organise that too :)

But now its time for me to do some more reading and just blob out.... hope you are all having a great weekend and will catch ya later.

Comments:
Sounds like a lovely weekend, and sounds like you are getting some great time in with Jude, which I'm sure she appreciates. Where would we be without great friends?
Hope you get some rest this weekend too, and it's great to hear you sounding happy! xxx
 
I'm exhausted just reading all that. Sounds like you need the extra day off just to recover from everything you've done. Enjoy it!
 
Sounds like a great weekend ~ I am the same, you can never have enough tupperware!!!
It's a shame Jo is so far away:)
 
heehee what Kim said! I am tired just reading all that :)
 
OMG you make me exhausted just reading he he he

Love Chubbymum
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?