Wednesday, October 12, 2005

 

a quick update

Hi all

Just home from the hospital (8.30pm) and have had a quick tea which Steph had cooked for me. Am shattered but will get there. My friend is doing quite well considering all the circumstances... she needs 4 units of blood and as we were leaving they were just starting the 3rd unit - she is being awfully brave considering her hate of needles etc! The preliminerary results of the CT scan indicate that the cancer is in the liver but waiting for the final results (hopefully tomorrow) for confirmation of if it has spread any where else... They also fear internal bleeding - not 100% sure what that means healthwise i.e. has the cancer spread, does that mean something else is wrong with her.... but am sure I will have more answers tomorrow night but maybe some of you out there can help me out... She is definitely looking a lot better and we were busy telling her thats due to the blood she was receiving coming from a good looking healthier person!!! LOL

Foodwise today - all things considered I have done well - just hate having dinner so late when I am going to bed soon but thats life :) Water - about 1.5 litres again today so am ok with that. Exercise - never made it to the gym but then I didn't think I would get there anyway so am not too concerned about that as my friend comes first!

Still not sure about getting to weigh in tomorrow - my friend should be discharged all going well tomorrow afternoon in which case I should be able to make it (depending on my mood LOL) and then home, have tea, spend a bit of time with Steph and then maybe pop up and see her for a wee while... otherwise I will see her Friday evening. She has her parents staying with her and her son as well is spending the days with her so I know she is in good hands but like I said last night I do feel hopeless in times like this and a lot of memories of Dad being ill are coming back rapidly....

Right I am out of here - this is a bit longer than I thought it would be.... will catch ya all later!

Comments:
Hun I am glad to know you!!! You are a great friend! To be counted on and I know there are good things in your future my friend... because people like you get it back ten fold!!!

I will pray for your friend! I know what going through a cancer scare is like... my Dad went through 10 years worth and I went through a brain tumour scare about 8 years ago! Keep up the support and also keep your strength up too!!

BIG HUGS
Chubbymum
 
When people need a blood transfusion, they always look miles better after they get it - brings the colour and life back into them. Hope things go as well as they can for your friend - what an awesome friend you are to be there for her. Get some rest, and take care of yourself too. xx
 
Karen, what a time of it you are having. I feel so bad for you and your friend... things can only get better for the new year. It puts everything else into perspective though when we see a loved one who is ill. *hugs*
 
Its stories like this that make me proud to be a blood donor!

Hope everything is going as well as can be expected. Chin up :-)
 
Karen you sound such a supportive friend to have about. I really do hope things go o.k!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?