Tuesday, October 04, 2005

 

The story so far...

Before I start - this is the post that I sat down and wrote last night but then blogger decided to play up.... grrrr! But lets try again now before I leave to catch my train :)
Have a great day everyone and I will be back tonight.



Hi all


Well so far so good with my blog experience though I did say that if my post yesterday worked (which it did obviously) that I would do a post on my journey so far for those just joining my journey.

So the story goes as follows (will TRY to keep it brief and to the point):
I started my weight loss journey in Feb 2003 when challenged by my now sister in law to lose 15 kilos before our wedding (Oct 03). So I accepted the challenge and joined WW and weighed in at 129.2 kilos!!! I mean holy moly that is bad especially when I am only 5ft 0"!!! So off I started with my journey and managed to lose 19.2 kilos prior to the wedding which I was wrapped about as was the rest of the family and friends who knew about my challenge and who were supporting me all the way.

Late 03/early 04, I started getting bored and frustrated with WW and couldn't really afford the $17/wk when I wasn't able to stay for meetings etc due to work commitments so I made the switch to a privately run slimming group called "Positively Slim" which is based in Lower Hutt (Wellington) and is run by a lovely lady called Barbara. The sessions there are one on one and cheaper than WW and have been with Barbara ever since!

In Oct 04, I made the decision to join a gym so yeap have now been a "gym bunny" for 1 year and loving it 99.9% of the time! :) I go to a small private gym in Upper Hutt called "Life Fitz" which is exclusive to women and has a fantastic atmosphere and lots of fun! Obviously there isn't the huge range of equipment the bigger fancier gyms have, but Robyn has the essentials there and I have never heard any complaints from anyone. In fact, I was just saying to one of the ladies there this evening that there has only been 2 times in the year I have been there that I have thought "wow its crowded here today" - most of the time I would say the average number of ladies there is 4 which is a great number really.

When I think that it has taken me two years (wedding anniversary coming up later this month) to lose the next 20 kilos I am shocked and disappointed I guess BUT the main thing is that I have not given up and I am still hanging in there and trying hard and I will keep on losing this excess weight! My WW goal was about 50 kilos from memory which would mean I am only 1/2 way through this journey but Barbara has initially set my goal at a lot more realistic target of 80kilos and then we will take it 5 or 10 kilos at a time from there! But like others have said this week - it is so damn hard to visualise yourself at goal when you can not recall ever being that weight for god knows how many years! I mean I for one know that it has been about 10 years since I was in the double digit club... so that in itself was a milestone for me!

2005 has been a very hard year for me especially emotionally - I suffered my first miscarriage in March losing our angel at 10 weeks. 3 mths later I was pregnant again and then at the scan at 13 weeks we were told that there was no heartbeat! I was absolutely heartbroken as I really thought that since we had passed the magical milestone of 12 weeks that every thing would be ok (even though I know things can happen at all stages of pregnancies). This is the 6th week since I had the D&C for that miscarriage and my cycle is just returning to normal (I hope) - well am just finishing my first TOM so am counting cycle days now to see how long this one is and when the next TOM arrives etc so we can start trying again! So given everything I have been through this year, I do feel that I survived remarkably well weight wise - in fact I have just checked my card and I am only down 6 flaming kilos since the first weigh in this year! Oh shit didn't realise it was that slow but hey better 6 kilos lighter than 6 kilos heavier I guess!

Well anyway, I hope that is a decent enough summary for those just joining me in my journey here... I will over time (and with some help) add links to the side to my old entries in both geocities and diary-x. I will also add a pic sometime soon and add lots more bits and pieces - I do love creating these new things but since I spend all day on the computer at work sometimes my brain just doesn't want to get creative in the evenings etc...

Soooooooooooo on to today - work was really full on but we did go live with our new payroll system so fingers crossed we will all get paid tonight but I have every confidence that things will be just fine!

Foodwise today - hmmmm not the best - I blame the stress of work and late hormonal surges from TOM today on my chocolate and lolly session! Bugger but can't undo what I have already done - just need to make better choices tomorrow and the day after and the day after etc! Water though has been good - over 2 litres today so am pleased with that. Exercise - after much deliberation and contemplation I did head to the gym this evening as my gear was still in the car boot from last Monday when I never made it. Wasn't sure how I would go especially with my coughing etc but had a great session and am pleased I made the effort.

Right that’s it from me for now - hope you are still alive and I haven't bored you all to tears. Will catch ya all tomorrow at some stage. Ohhhhh before I go I knew there was one more thing I was gonna mention - for those of you who have got links to my journal on your site can you please either direct the links directly to here or use my main geocities page (www.geocities.com/cuddly_nz_gal) - ok need to learn how to do links here but I will learn.

Night all :)


Comments:
Great job with the new entry on blogger Karen. Also refreshing our memories on how far you've come on this journey. Have a great day:)
 
OMG I love the new look hun... so clean and crisp looking.

I also loved reading this entry it was fabulous to put it in a time line like that, and as you say it is better that you have lost than of gained. You go girl!!! You are an inspiration with the amount of weight you have lost with the miscarriages etc... feel proud!

Love Chubbymum
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?