Sunday, October 16, 2005

 

Sunday morning

Hi all

Sorry for the lack of updates over the last few days but things have been rather hectic both at work and at home!

Work on Friday was chaos but we were getting there when I got a phone call from my friend (who has now said I can name her on here) Jude to say that she had received the worse news and that is there is cancer on the bowel which had spread to the liver! Not good at all.... they have done biopsy's and will know in about 7 days as to whether the tumours are operable or not and if not what treatments are available to her! I was pleased to hear her say that she is going to see her Naturopath this coming week and she is also going to have some Reki healing done (her friends mother is a healer) so that was good to hear rather than her just thinking about Chemo etc! So once I got the news I just broke down and D sent me home via the hospital. So I spent an hour or so there and she was then discharged and I went off to my first Reki session with Christene and that was amazing. My body is apparently lacking in Iodine so have had to buy some of that and need to apply it to my feet each night and initally when I wake in the mornings my feet will be clear as it will have absorbed all of the iodine so I have to keep on doing that until my feet are still yellow from the Iodine when I wake up! Also need to take Kelp tablets - apparently a lot of my glands are up the "kilter" so have got some of those as well! Soooo after the Reki session I picked up some tea for Steph and I, had tea with him and then went and sat with Jude for a couple of hours until she was ready to go to bed... her son was staying with her for the night which was great.

Yesterday, I woke early and headed to the gym and had a great session! I was the only one there (apart from Robyn) until about 5 mins before I finished so that made it even better! :) Home, showered, washing, housework, then headed into town to meet some ladies from a miscarriage forum that I belong to. I had organised it as there seemed to be quite a few other ladies in Wgtn who had been through miscarriages recently... in the end there was only 3 of us there but we had a great time and did some great talking and it was great putting faces to names. We hope to do it again in say about 3mths time and perhaps get some of the others along too! I was very good though by saying no to Garlic bread (a very rare thing for me to do) and then I had a lovely salmon fillet and kumera salad with a white wine dressing for lunch and whilst the other two had dessert I sat there with a lovely Hot Chocolate :)

Got home from that about 3.45pm, lay down for a wee while as I had a headache, then off to do the grocery shopping, home again, then back to Judes as I had offered to spend the night up there to keep her company and I was just afraid of her being by herself at night.... we had an awesome evening and did HEAPS of talking and shed a few tears too! Watched some girlie DVD's and just blobbed out. So after having a shower and brekkie up there I headed home to my wonderful Stephan who doesn't mind me spending time with Jude as he knows how much of a friend she is to me! So have cleaned the birds cage, done a small load of washing and now just blobbing out here....

Almost lunch time now (12pm) and we are going to have BLT's for lunch (with that low fat chicken bacon) and then we think we may head over to Wainuiomata and catch up with a couple of friends.

Then it will be home and winding down and mentally preparing ourselves for another week of working etc...

Hope you are all having great weekends... catch ya later

Comments:
If we win lotto, I'm gonna send you guys for a holiday away!! Life sounds mega stressful, and that is such horrible sad news about Jude - very sorry to hear it. Send her hugs and love from all of us too.

Glad you have been able to find support with other women who have been through similar things as you. I'm sure it will help in some way.

Sending you some big hugs, and make sure you take some time to take care of yourself!
 
Oh my friend life seems so hard for you at the moment. Sounds like you do need a holiday.. like kate says!

Thinking of you.

Love CM
 
Ditto to what Kate said! You have a lot on your plate, but you are a strong woman and I know you'll survive it all.

Best of luck to Jude in getting the best treatment possible.
 
Hey Chick!
Really sorry to hear about Jude, I know how much she means to you!
Big hugs to you both!
Jo :)
 
Forgot to say - Have heard great things about Reiki Healers..... Good luck!! Jo :)
 
Karen - you really are an amazing person. What a great friend you are to Jude. Remember to take some "you" time to.

Take care jaxx
 
Let's hope that your friend gets the best treatment that she can.. So hard seeing people going through what see is.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?