Friday, October 21, 2005

 

Two lots of good news today...

Hi everyone

Sorry for such a short post last night but I did want to do a quick update before I visited Jude.

As my title today says - I have two lots of good news today:
1) Jude has been told that the bowel cancer is operable and they will do that within the next 4-6 weeks. She may end up with a bag for about 3mths afterwards - all depends on how low the cancer has gone but they won't know that until they operate. So for the time being they are concentrating on the bowel and will let her recover from that before starting work on the liver. They say that there is still a small chance that they may be able to operate on the liver too - if not Chemo etc should definitely help her there! She is feeling a lot better within her own self and mind today and was full of smiles etc when I popped up to see her and her parents this afternoon. She has lost a bit of weight - can see it in her face and her trousers.... Jude has also been given a list of foods etc that she can and can not eat until the operation - basically she is not allowed anything that may cause blockages in the bowel so no fibre, no seeds, no fruit (but is allowed fruit juice), only allowed white bread, only boiled or baked potatoes, cauli and pumpkin are the only two veggies she is allowed to eat.... she is ok with everything there except the no chocolate and the no fruit but she will get there. But to see her so cheerful etc this afternoon made me feel a lot better too and her parents are more cheerful which is great.

2) I had my scan this morning due to the excessive spotting and TOM that I have had since the miscarriage and all has come back clear on that scene! The sonographer that I had was the best I have had - friendly, chatty, helpful and down to earth! I think I will cancel my Dr's appt for next week as Sandra (the sonographer) told me all was clear, and a report goes to my GP so if there is anything that Sandra didn't pick up then my Dr will call me... But I definitely left there with a spring in my step :) Had an hour to spare between there and going for my second Reiki session so had a quick look around the new shops at Queensgate and then grabbed a kebab and sat in the car (as it was raining) on the river bank eating it. Then off to Christene's place for the Reiki - had a great session there too. My Iodine level has increased but I need to keep putting it on my feet until my body stops asborbing it. One very interesting thing she did pick up was the fact that she is adamant that I am ovulating right now so look out Steph when he gets home!!!! LOL I know too much info but I just had to share that with you all cause you are all such great mates! :):):)

So yeah after those two bits of news, I am feeling pretty good about everything (except for the chippies I ate this afternoon but never mind). Am off to Jo's "coming out" tupperware party tonight so that will be lots of fun! Gotta pick up Helena on the way so mustn't forget to do that! :)

Tomorrow, we have to be up and showered early as we finally have someone coming around to fix our ceiling in the hallway! Basically not long after we moved in (2 1/2 yrs ago) the ceiling started peeling and has just gradually got worse and worse! Have spoken to the landlord numerous times about it but nothing had been done until this week when we got a call from the tradesman who is doing the job! He took one look at it and said it hadn't been sealed or undercoated so at 9am him and his helper are coming around, sanding the whole hallway, then sealing it... and then coming back another time to repaint it all! So needless to say that one needs to be up, showered and dressed before they arrive! So have decided not to do the gym tomorrow as I really don't like showering up there (a bit fussy on that sort of thing at times) so would rather give it a miss and try like hard to get a walk in... so not sure what we will do when they get here as the only room we will really have access to is the kitchen through the back door - every other room is off the hallway and all doors etc will be shut! I have a hairdressers appt at 10.15am tomorrow - so am looking forward to that. But apart from that and maybe catching up with Sharlene who I haven't seen for a long time.... we don't have a lot planned for this long weekend! Will obviously spend a bit of time at Judes doing washing etc for her and she does want to visit a friend on Sunday who has had a baby so I have offered to take her there as I am eager to catch up with Sue and meet her wee baby!

Hope you all have a good long weekend... I am sure I will be back at some stage to do another update.

Comments:
It's about time you had some good news! So pleased to hear about Jude - sounds so much more positive. Also great that you are all clear!!! Mmmmm sounds like you and Steph will have a busy weekend:)
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
It has been a good week all round whoohoo, am so stoked for Jude!!!!

I also have good news - read my latest journal entry :):)

Have a fantastic long weekend Jaxx
 
Great news x 2!

Have a good weekend chick!
 
So glad you've had some good news! I'm so pleased for you! Thanks for your txt yesterday, I was a bit of zombie I'm afraid and didn't manage to reply to any.
Hehe, hope you made the most of your ovulation!! Woohoo!! :-)
Enjoy the long weekend mate!!!
 
Glad to hear the good news!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?