Thursday, October 13, 2005

 

Weigh day

Hi all

Just a quickie between tea and going to the hospital.... I did go to weigh in and some how I managed to lose 500gms which takes my total loss back to 37.0 kilos. My chances of making my two mini goals now which were to be in the 80's and to have reached the 40 kilo mark by 6 Nov are getting more less likely now but on saying that - there are still 3 weigh in's to go and 3 kilos to go till the 40 kilo mark (and 2.3 till I am in the 80's) so it is acheivable but it has been a hell of a long time (in fact I can't recall if I have ever done it) since I had 3 big losses in a row but who knows.... anything is possible. And as Barbara said - if I don't make it I am not too look at it as a failure as I will be very close to it and will acheive it just as soon as I can... especially considering what I have been through recently!

Right on to my friend - thank you all for your lovely kind words - I was blown away by them and even shed a tear or two as well whilst reading them. I guess I am only doing what I know she would do to me and she was one of my biggest supporters when I went through the miscarriages so I guess I am "paying her back" so to speak. But on saying that I would do this for any of my friends if they were in this situation as well (touch wood as I hope none of them are...)! She has been kept in for another night whilst they do more tests - the "tube down the throat" procedure today showed no internal bleeding which in itself is a relief but doesn't answer the question as to why she is so anemic (excuse spelling) so they want to do some more tests etc whilst they have her in there!

Work today was hell - but just as well I only have 4 weeks left of it!!! Yeap thats right I have handed in my notice there and start my new job in 4 weeks time :):):) I got the job that I talked about a few weeks back but have had to keep it underwraps so to speak for certain reasons. So with my friends situation, my resignation, and all the other emotional stuff I have been through this week its any wonder that I am so shattered!

Oh I am booked in for a scan myself for next Tuesday afternoon as it has been 7 weeks since the miscarriage and the D&C and I had spotting for 5 weeks and then have had TOM for 2 weeks now and it is really starting to wear me down now! They just check to see if there are any "retained products" (god I hate that term) left in my utureus and if so - I am back in the hospital for another D&C!!!! Guess that can be seen as a good thing but makes me shit scared at the same time! Especially as that would mean more time off work!

Anyway, this was supposed to be a quickie and as normal I have rabbited on and on.... hope you are all doing ok - I am trying to make the effort to keep up with everyones journals and comment when I can... Will catch up again real soon

Comments:
My goodness girl, you have been through SO much lately - you are coping brilliantly!

Well done on your great loss! That's fantastic! I know you can achieve your goals - but as you said, if you don't, it doesn't mean you are a failure at all.

Oh, and WOOHOOO on your new job! I have a feeling in my heart that many good things are around the corner for you, despite the bad.

xxx
 
Well done on your loss! A great achievement considering the tough times you've had lately.

Congrat's again on your new job, must be quite satisfying to know you only have a month to go :-)

Hope your scan goes well next week, and also that your friends tests can find out whats wrong with her.

Those 3kg are dying to come off you - kick some butt and they'll be gone soon!!!
 
Great news on the job!! Once your settled into your new job, you will be able to focus on all the other important things, like that 3kgs to your goal.

Cheers
 
Congratulations on the new job!!
Hope everthing else goes well:)
 
Well done on another great loss and on the new job!! :)
 
My dear friend. Something better just has to happen for you. You have the worst luck mate. I think that you are a pillar of strength considering. Good news on the job front.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?