Monday, October 24, 2005

 

Yay for long weekends...

Hi all

Boy I sure do love long weekends... could quite easily have a 3 day weekend every week :) Ok mine was a 4 dayer this time but 3 days off is nice as well!

Thanks for your comments on last nights post... I guess when I re-read my post it sure did sound like I had done quite a bit over a couple of days but if I am honest with myself I do have trouble just sitting there and doing nothing (whereas a few years back thats all I ever did!) and when you are only renting its not like you can decide to paint a wall or do anything too drastic! Guess I could always get into the garden but I am not a gardener so I ususally get someone in every few mths to do a tidy up for me! I know I am naughty but its just not my scene right now - maybe in a few years but then again maybe not. So anyback back to the fact that I have trouble sitting down and doing nothing so I do like to get out and about and visit friends/family, do shopping trips or even just go for a drive. Some Sunday's I am knackered I will admit :)

But anyway, on to today.... I tried to sleep in I really did.... but in the end I got up about 8.30am which I guess is better than the last 3 days! LOL Didn't walk this morning, just blopped around for an hour or so and then we had a call from the plasterer to say he was stuck in Masterton so both him and the painter are coming around tomorrow now. But as I said to Steph, I am not too worried really cause after all it is a long weekend and they deserve a break as well. So after we knew they weren't coming around - we took off to Queensgate so Steph could check out the latest shops that had opened there - wandered around there for a couple of hours and then rather than buying something for lunch we came home and had cheese/tomato toasties which were nice. I then popped up to Judes as I said we would take her for a drive today (but Steph ended up staying home as he had a couple of things he wanted to do) but the weather was real crappy at that stage so after getting into the car, we decided to go visit her brother who lives up in Riverstone Terraces but before stopping at his place we drove all around the new sub-division - boy there sure are some pretty flash houses up there!!! We then stopped in at Danny's place and had a cuppa and a good chat to him and his wife. We then headed back towards Jude's place via the supermarket so Jude could get something to eat. Once back at her place, I put away the dishes she had done earlier and then folded the washing she had done yesterday and put all that away for her and then headed back home to Steph.

Got home but was restless, so did a quick change of clothes and hit the pavements and did my 5km route in 43mins! Boy it sure was warm then (about 5.15pm) as the sun had decided to come out and it sure had some heat in it too! Home, showered, cooked dinner (crumbed schnitzel, new potatoes and veggies). Watched Shortland St - any one got any ideas on who dies in the car accident this week???

Now here doing my update but the dishes still need doing (the ones that don't go in the dishwasher) so best I get moving to do them.

Have a great week everyone and catch ya all tomorrow probably.

Comments:
I reakon it was Tama or Norman! Because when Scarlet's father said to the other doctor that it was all over stop trying to resussatate then I knew it wasn't Scarlet... but in the Listener it says "The future is bleak for Tama and Scarlett; Eti is rushed into surgery and Li Mei is shattered and Norman is broken-hearted.... Plus if Eti is rushed into surgery then they wouldn't be in the Emergency room with the resuss equipment... anyway that is my opinion he he he

Chubbymum
 
Lol, I haven't watched shorties for months, I'm so sick of the crappy story lines and bad acting! But somehow, sigh, I still know who dies. Want me to say?

Sounds like a busy busy weekend! I said to Joseph, wouldn't it be great if everyweekend was 3 days long - it just seems so so much more relaxing! Oh, and wasn't it your wedding anniversary?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?