Wednesday, November 16, 2005

 

1/2 way through my "break"

Hi all

Well its Wednesday afternoon and I can't believe how the time is flying by this week but I guess thats the way it happens when you are off work relaxing! :)

Right this morning, I was up at 7.30am and at the gym by 8am - did another awesome session there. I am SO enjoying it at the moment. I still struggle on the bike most times but that might just have to change as I am seriously considering entering the Special K Duathalon which is being held in Wgtn April 16! It is a 3.5km walk/jog/run then a 10km bike ride then a 1.5km walk/jog/run so I guess if I decide to do that I am gonna have to start enjoying the bike! Steph has told me to seriously think about it and if I do want to enter it he will buy me a bike for Christmas so gonna do some thinking about that. It does cost $50 to register which is non-refundable but part of the pack you get when you enter is a t-shirt, a stop watch (valued at $60) and a couple of other things and if you are unable to start the event for whatever reason you are still able to go to registration day and pick up your pack so I guess you still end up getting your moneys worth! So any other takers for entering it with me???? I will be honest and say that I may end up pulling if I am pregnant by then but who knows perhaps I will still enter it but just do it at my pace! My reason for entering it is not for winning it but just being able to say I completed it!

Oooops I digresed from my day there with all that talk of the duathalon.... sorry about that! After doing the gym, it was home, showered, did a load of washing, breakfast, supermarket for bits and pieces for the baking, made two batches of muffins, up to Judes to take her some lunch and what has now become our daily catch up, left her to have her nana nap, got home, dishes (from the baking earlier), and now here I am....

Oh I realised last night that I haven't been mentioning my food much this week - it has been ok overall apart from the occasional slip up like today when I was making the mini muffins this morning (for Steph's rifle prize giving tonight) when 3 found their way into my mouth! But overall I am impressed with how well I have done foodwise this week. Water has been a bit slack but am really making an effort with that today as I think that may be why my throat has been ticklish and dry... a sudden drop in the water intake! And well you know how well my exercise has been this week - am really pleased with that!

But right its 3.45pm now so best I get moving to bring in the washing, fold it, put it away and start thinking about dinner tonight though thats nice and simple tonight - butter chicken (98% fat free from a tin) on rice! Simple but nice and I find just a small bread and butter plate is more than enough for me! :)

Catch ya all tomorrow after weigh in :)

Comments:
he he he - son's birthday party last week and I didn't even cook the muffin mixture before i ate it!!
 
Well done with the gym!! I don't see you as ever putting your weight back on and that is very pleasing. Even when you get pregnant again and have your darling, precious baby I know you will be careful not to gain too much weight. Don't you love having a break from work? I've been off over a month now and am still LOVING IT.
 
It sounds as if you are making the most of your break - will you find time for work next week?? Great work with the gym Karen!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?