Sunday, November 27, 2005

 

Another weekend over

Hi all

Well yeap another weekend gone and this time in 4 weeks time Christmas Day will almost be over! Wow only 4 weeks to go until Christmas - boy this year sure has flown by but on saying that I will be pleased to see the back of 2005 as it has been a sad, stressful year in many ways so we are really hoping that 2006 will bring better and brighter things in all aspects.

Anyway, back to the weekend... Saturday I did the gym, home, showered, breakfast, washing, bit of housework, then off to Jude's birthday lunch. Initally there was supposed to be 11 of us but in the end only 4 of us were able to make it for various reasons. It was sad as the majority that had to pull out were due to them having a cold and unfortunately Jude had asked anyone who was not well not to attend as she just couldn't risk getting any bugs. So the 4 of us had a lovely lunch at Mayfair Cafe in Upper Hutt. I had a lovely pumpkin and bacon soup and some garlic bread.... oh then we all had dessert (except poor ole Jude) and I had a chocolate fudge brownie with yoghurt on the side. But hey birthdays only come once a year and it was a special birthday cause in all reality we don't know how many more birthday's Jude will have with us! Took Jude home along with another friend Marianne and we mucked around at Judes for awhile before I dropped Marianne home and then it was back home for me where we then went and did the groceries and then it was home for a quiet evening. Had nachoes for tea so overall my food yesterday was not the best but thats life and I intend to still be able to live life and enjoy myself!

Today, I slept in till about 8.45am so decided that I might get a walk in later on (which did not eventuate) so just showered, breakfast and cleaned Charlies cage before doing a quick trip to Judes to take her to the supermarket (as we were going to do that yesterday but she was too tired after the lunch). Home again and had lunch before Steph and I hit the shops to do some more Christmas Shopping... ok well we managed to get one of his sisters presents out of the way but the rest of the stuff we bought was for ourselves! Ooops! We are seroiusly looking at getting a Laptop to replace my computer as we are having major probs with it so we spent quite a bit of time looking at Laptops too... Got myself a backpack whilst out so I can carry my stuff more easily now I have further to walk to get to work and as I wear sneakers to and from work I have other shoes to carry as well as other bits and pieces.

Stopped off for a coffee break at his parents, then it was down to his sisters place in Silverstream to say hi to them and to borrow his 13yr old neices bike to see if I could still ride and if the size was right etc... Yeap she is only 13 but is taller than me (something she rubs in reguarly) so we brought the bike home, Steph pumped up the tyres and off I went around and around the house! YIPPPEEE!!! I can still ride a bike!!!! I am so excited!!! So look at Helena you could have a biking buddy real soon!!! We just have to lower the seat a WEE bit but Steph didn't have his allen keys at home so will bring them home from work tomorrow so he can lower the seat a bit. As his neice doesn't use it anymore, they have told us to keep it indefinitley so that will be good but I do need to decide if I want Steph to buy me one of my own for either Christmas or my birthday (in January).

I had bought some fresh pasta and sauce for tea tonight but I decided to try a different brand and unfortuately it was not very nice and neither of us liked it so we ended up biffing it in the bin and having toasted sandwiches instead!

But anyway, this was just gonna be a quick entry but as usual I have raved on... so will catch ya all tomorrow. Hope you all have a great week.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments:
It's great to hear you sounding so positive and full of life :-) Hope you have a great week ahead! And yay for the bike riding, you'll sure know about it once you go for your first long ride - hehe!
 
Good on you for the bike riding - make sure you get a good seat!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?