Thursday, November 10, 2005

 

One more sleep...

Hi all

Yeap only one more sleep to go until I finish my job! YAY!!! Like I have said in previous posts I will be sad to leave there as I have made some great friends but hey isn't that what emails are for? :) Today was another full on day made worse by the fact that Denise was away sick today and is not even sure she will be able to make it in tomorrow... so that could be interesting but I know she is going to try her best to be there! I do feel bad as I have not been able to complete everything for a clean handover to the new lady but I have done my best and that is what I have to remember and that is all I can do! I was hoping to be able to put on a morning tea for everyone tomorrow (following the example of the Mgr that left last week) but I just haven't had the time nor energy to bake let alone think about what I could buy in... and anyway since my offical farewell function is a lunch we don't need morning tea as well!

Had weigh in this evening and wasn't too sure what to expect as the scales at home were up 200gms from last week but I managed to record another SMALL loss of 100gms so on I go with this journey - slowly but surely! Barbara did tell me today though that she is extremely proud of me for not only continuing on this journey but not resorting to emotional eating and gaining huge amounts of weight! Like she has said - she knows many a people who would easily be gaining between 1-2 kilos a week with the stress that I have been going through lately... So the fact that I have not given up (and nor will I despite the temptation at times) is a really good thing for me to remember! Total loss is now sitting at 37.9 kilos - so yeap still 2.1 kilos till the 40 kilo mark and no I didn't make in time for my mini goal last weigh in but I WILL make it before Christmas! And another thing that Barbara and I discussed this evening was this saying that "Failing does not make you a failure but quitting does" and there ain't no way I am quitting this journey! I may take a rest every now and then but sure as hell am going to keep on going no matter how long it may take me!

Jude is doing ok today from what I have heard from txt's and a phone call so that is good to hear. She is going to go up to Foxton with her parents for 3/4 days tomorrow - so a change of scenery and some different visitors (family friends) etc will be good for her but I am looking forward to helping her doing some christmas shopping etc when I have next week off work.

I have also realised that I have not finished updating my blogger page as yet so my sincere apologies for that... there are a lot more journals to be added to the list that I read as well as adding in my stats etc... I will get there one day I promise!

Right I am outta here as I want to water the garden etc so will love ya but leave ya and will be back tomorrow probably since we have nothing major planned for this coming weekend :)

Catch ya all later and have a great Friday everyone!

Comments:
You know what they say - a loss is a loss is a loss!!

Good luck for your last day tomorrow, enjoy your lunch :-)
 
Woohoo 100 grams is great..... a loss is better than a gain that is for sure.

I am writing this at 12.20am Australian time and I have had one tooooo many drinks he he he.

Love ya hun
Chubbymum
 
Another loss! Well done!! You will make it to your goal by christmas, and I love that idea that failing isn't failure, but giving up is - so true! :-)
 
I really do agree with Barbara - you are really doing so well as no matter what life throws at you you have never given up! Well done on another loss and I know you will reach that goal of yours.
 
Thanks for the lovely comments Karen on my page. Yes, I truely believe that someday your day will come too... soon!! Good luck with the new job too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?