Saturday, November 12, 2005

 

Saturday

Hi all

Well here we are on a Saturday afternoon and I feel great! :)
Yesterday was my last day at my old job and it was a full on day but a nice one as well. They had a lovely luncheon put on for me although they had decided to try a new caterer so I was a bit disappointed that there was really nothing much there that I liked which I guess was a good thing as it meant I only ate one crossiant and one small muffin though it would have been nice if they had asked me what I had wanted but never mind. My presentation went well and I got a lovely leather wallet and coin purse which I had been eyeing up for a wee while though I can't describe the colour of it LOL I was also presented with one of the company's plaque's which is really an honour as they ususall get those after a minimum of 5yrs service and I have only done 2yrs 2mths and the GM presented that to me and I shed a tear or two then. Ended up sheding a few more tears when I gave my thank you speech and then it was back to work! Oh I also got a lovely gift box containing a bottle of wine, some chocolates, pate, crackers, nuts etc from the GM's personal assistant which really did bring me to tears as it was totally unexpected and was a personal gift from her and her partner (whom I haven't met but spoken to many a time on the phone) and got told by her that it was not "goodbye" but just see ya later and keep in touch! We stopped work about 4pm and had a drink or two but as I had taken the car in (to start early) I only had one drink but did eat a few chippies! But I had some good chats with some of the nicer people in the company. So my break has now begun and I am so looking forward to just resting and relaxing and doing what I want when I want :) I do have a list of things I want to get done this week but am certainly not going to rush around too much as I do want to ensure I get some R&R in there too.

On the way home last night I decided that we could go out for dinner since I was "semi dressed up" and was feeling really good so go home, told Steph and then rung my neice who lives in Lower Hutt to see if she wanted to come too so we picked her up and the three of us went to The Old Flame in Petone (as Michelle's flatmates mum owns the place) and I must admit Steph and I didn't really enjoy it that much but it was nice to spend some time with Michelle and to just relax. We had initally thought of going to Hogs Breathe in Lower Hutt but Michelle had been there the night before with her friends so that was off the list!

This morning, I woke reasonably early and headed to the gym where I had the most fantastic session! In fact it would have to be one of the best that I have had for a long time.... I bettered my times in all my cardio activities - walked at a faster pace on the treadmill, went up a level on the bike for 5 of the 7 mins, did a full complete 7 mins on the rower (which has been my target for some time) and did an extra min on the cross trainer (or the beast as it is known at our gym). I did extra squats with the bar, extra roll downs, extra sit ups and I felt FLAMING EXCELLENT!!! The sweat was pouring off me but I was on such a high! It was quite interesting as Robyn asked me how I had gotten on at weigh in this week and when I told her it was 100gms she was about to start a mini lecture I think when I quickly continued to tell her about the chat I had with Barbara about how I could have easily gained a lot of weight this year with all the emotional stress etc that I have been through and how I have kept on going and have not given up... Robyn really had no option but to agree with us! LOL

Home, showered, breakfast, cleaned the bathroom etc, did the groceries (trying New World this week rather than Woolworths), home, lunch, mucked around with Steph having a good ole laugh and lots of fun, then Jo popped in with my Avon order so we had a good chat, then once she let, Steph popped out to his brothers place, so I threw on my old sneakers and mowed the lawns! :)

And now here I am... drinking a lovely glass of Ribena blackberry and cranberrry concentrate and having some raisins :)

For tea tonight we are having some lovely steak from New World, with gourmet potatoes and a salad. I am then heading up to Judes place as she has had to come back from her parents place early due to her mum not being well and basically Jude can not be around sick people now due to her immune system being so low. So a friend of hers went and picked her up from Foxton early this afternoon so I said I would pop up after tea and that if she wanted me too and that she felt she needed/wanted the company that I would crash up there in the spare bed but we will play that by ear and see how she is after the trip back but when I spoke to her earlier on she is feeling a lot better and she sounded the best she has done in a LONG time which is great news!

Tomorrow - not a lot planned so will just play it by ear and see what eventuates.

Before I head off, I just want to share with you some tips that I read in the latest "Slimming" magazine. These are from the "Slimming" magazine slimmer of the year and are her tips on staying motivated:
* Work out why you want to lose weight and redefine your goals as you go along if they no longer work for you.
* Accept that there are going to be hard days sometimes. Weight loss is not easy but the rewards are so worth it.
* Be kind to yourself. Food is only one part of it, you need to work on accepting and liking yourself to succeed.
* There are benefits to losing weight that you won't even realise - like happiness, friendlier and being more approachable. Life is so full of opportunities.
* If you fall off the wagon one day, don't call yourself weak or useless. Just pick yourself up and start again.

Just thought I would share those with you... but now its time I was outta here and start preparing the salad etc for tea. Hope you are all having a good weekend. Catch ya all tomorrow some time.

Comments:
Your life always sounds so busy!! Glad to hear your last day went well, even if the lunch was not your first choice!

Thank for sharing those tips from the slimmers mag - they're all true, every one of them!!

Enjoy your week off - I'm sooo jealous :-)
 
Sounds like you had a lovely last day - now go relax and enjoy your week off - you definitely deserve it! Have a great weekend :-)
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
You sound like you are in a good place at the moment. You sound so full of energy and quite happy.
 
Hey Karen - have a fantastic week off........

Take care Jaxx
 
The tips on staying motivated where really good.

Tell Robin - no mini lectures - you are gong great:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?