Sunday, November 06, 2005

 

Sunday morning

Hi all

I thought I would do a quickish update before heading out the door to have lunch with our friends Lynaire and Kev. We haven't seen them for what seems like ages so it will be good to catch up with them :)

Things are not looking good with Jude - she has been admitted to the Cancer ward at Wgtn Hospital. They have decided that the liver is a lot more important now rather than operating on the bowel so yesterday she was supposed to have had her first Chemo treatment but due to a number of issues it never happened but I did get a txt from her son this morning to say that she had just started her first session about 9.10am and that he would keep me posted on how she is doing once it finishes (approx 2hrs). Then all going well she will be at home tomorrow and then start a two week course of pills, then one week off the pills, then in for a day session with the drip, then the cycle with the pills etc just keeps on going till the Drs are satisified that the tumours have shrunk sufficiently. There is an 80% chance of them being able to shrink the tumours and as a friend said to me this morning - they wouldn't be doing the chemo etc if they thought there wasn't any chance of it working!

Friday was a write off really - spending the day worrying about Jude as we did not hear anything until after 6pm but by this stage there were about 3 of us getting very worried about her. Once we heard from her son, I went and picked up Marianne and we both went into town to spend an hour or so with Jude and her son. Got home about 10ish and just collapsed in bed!

Saturday - I really wanted to go to the gym mentally but emotionally and physically my body just couldn't do it so I stayed in bed till 9am and then had my appt at the podiarist to get my corn cut out etc... home and mucked around and did house work etc. We did the groceries, had lunch and then I went to visit my friend Sharlene - it was great to catch up with her as it had been some time since I had seen her as well! After leaving Sharlenes, I did a quick trip into town to visit Jude and then home to go out for a light meal with Steph (belated wedding anniversary dinner), then we popped into his parents to have a glass of wine and a chat with them for an hour or so.

This morning, I was going to have an exercise free day as well (I really think 3 days in a row at the gym exhausted my body especially with all the emotional stress that I am going through as well) but about 8am I got up, threw on my trackies etc and thought I would just do a light walk which would be better than nothing but once I got out there I ended up doing my 5 kms in 43 mins! :) Showered, breakfast, cleaned charlies cage out, did a load of washing, then we went and checked out a place in Silverstream and it looks quite nice from the outside so just waiting to hear back from them as to when we can look inside.

Right I had better get moving as it is almost time we were out of here.... we might go and visit Jude after lunch depending on what and when we hear from her son.

Oh I really thought I may have been pregnant this month but after my longest ever cycle (38 days) TOM arrived yesterday morning which has not helped me feel the best!

Right gotta go - catch ya all later.

Comments:
wowies we might be neighbours? that means I can knock on your at 5:15am to go walkin? *smirk*
 
Hehe, i think you should Helena!

I'm sad to hear that Jude isn't doing so well at the moment, she must be feeling pretty rotten, as well as you guys being very worried and upset. I hope that she feels better very soon, although I know chemo really knocks it out of you. Thinking of you, and her.

And good on you for going for that walk - you always amaze me the way you bounce back from everything! You are so strong!!

And not pregnant this month, but I know you will be soon - and our babies can be cyber playmates!! :-)
 
Hey Karen, sorry to hear the not so good news about Jude, but with friends around like you lifting her spirits, will make this journey for her so much easier for her.

Take care Jaxx :):)
 
Not great news about Jude - but you are right in saying they wouldn't be doing the chemo if they didn't think there was a good chance.

It sounds as if your body is still settling down - I'm like Kate and feel there will be a baby for you.

Take care Karen - you just have so much happening in your life at the moment.
 
Poor Jude, that does sounds like such a traumatic thing for her, her family and friends to go through.

Take it easy, sounds like a couple of rest days will really help you.

Take care xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?