Thursday, November 17, 2005

 

Weigh day

Hi ya

Boy where has today gone? Can't believe that tomorrow is Friday and the last day of my break! The week sure has flown by!

Got up at 6.45am this morning and hit the pavement doing my 5km walk - was initally very aware of the "rush hour" traffic leaving the valley and thought everyone was watching me but once I got going I was fine and was back home before I knew it!

Showered, then shot down to Weigh in and managed to record a loss of 500gms which I am pleased with. I guess I was hoping for a bigger loss since I was weighing in first thing rather than after work but at least with it being a smaller loss it should be easier for me to ensure I don't gain it back this week when I go back to weighing in after work! So am now only 900 grams away from being an "80's chick" and 1.6 kilos away from the eluding 40 kilo mark! I can do this!!!

Home, breakfast, then up to Judes. The District nurse came around and we had a great chat and then it was off to Porirua with Jude to do some Christmas Shopping. We both managed to get a couple of presents at K-Mart and then had a bite to eat for lunch and then I had a quick look around a couple of shops whilst Jude sat down on a bench and rested. By now she was quite buggered so off home we went and she went to sleep pretty quickly... so once she was home, she lay down and had her nana nap and I disappeared and went over to visit Jo as she was home with Rhian as Rhian's caregiver is sick. Boy those couple of hours went by real quickly with us chattering away and Rhian keeping us entertained once she got up from her nap.
Home, and then Steph and I decided to pop down to Queensgate to do some more Christmas shopping so am just home from that with another 6 presents completed! Yay I feel quite organised this year - real scary indeed! :)

Have spoken to Jude and she is not doing too well this evening - think we may have over done it this afternoon so I will call her shortly and if she is still in pain I will pop back up there to give her one of my "famous" (or should that be "infamous") back rubs which eases her pain and helps her get off to sleep! I was quite well known when I was at DOC for my back rubs that I give so I wonder if that is why I got the job! LOL

Anyway, tea is almost ready so best I get moving... catch ya all tomorrow at some stage.

Comments:
Hey mate, well done on another loss!! You are so close to the 80s now - you can definitely do it!! And you are so organised with your christmas shopping, well done!! I've got a few done, but have no idea what to get for so many people!!
Poor Jude, this sort of illness is just all consuming isn't it? I really feel for her, and you - it's not easy to watch someone you love go through shit.
Take care and enjoy the last few days of your break. xxx
 
Woohoo on the loss hun. Better than a gain he he.

Sounds like it was a bit much for your friend and the back rub might be great for her.

Enjoy the rest of your break hun! You deserve it.

Love Chubbymum
 
Well done Karen on the loss and it's really exciting that you hae two goals so close!!!

Hope Jude is o.k
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?