Wednesday, January 18, 2006

 

Am getting there

Hi all

Wow! I am speechless by the number of comments left on my journal over the last few days and the number of txts and emails as well... I didn't realise so many people read my blog and cared so much! Like Anne has said in her journal - when you initally start out doing a blog you intend on keeping it private and just stick to weight loss issues but slowly over time you get to know people and you become like one big family and you start sharing more and more with everyone. So to you all - a great big thank you for your overwhelming love and support! You guys rock!

Well I did go to work today - but only cause I was wide awake (didn't get much sleep at all) so was there at 7am and stayed till 9.30am before heading off to Queensgate to get the photos printed - think I may have gotten a couple too many but I am sure someone will want a copy sometime over the next few days. After the photos it was a quick trip home to pick up a few bits and pieces Jude had asked me to look after when she knew she was going in to hospital and then it was up to her brothers place to meet the undertaker and to discuss all the arrangements.

It was pretty hard at times but also it was nice to be able to talk about the things that Jude liked. There was one other friend there too which was good as I was a bit worried about being the only non family member there... We learnt that Jude wanted female pallbearers and had even chosen them as well so yeap thats one of my jobs for Friday along with a couple of family members and other friends... gonna be a hard task (and not only cause I will be the shortest LOL) but am sure I will manage since I know it is what Jude wanted. They are also playing the song that I suggested which is "Thank you for being a friend" and they will play that as we are carrying her out so between the song and the job I think I will be pretty much a mess by the end of it all. She is having a private cremation afterwards. The other friend and I also got the job of choosing the flowers for the casket so have chosen a lovely casket spray and asked for lots of bright cheerful colours so hopefully the family will be ok with our choice.

I have just recently had a call from her Son asking me to go back to her brothers place this evening as we are having a meeting with the celebrant that will be officating at the service. Jude wanted nothing religious at all but we felt that we definitely needed someone "running" it to ensure things went smoothly and didn't go on for too long.

I am feeling honoured that the family are involving me in so much of the process but I guess it really does show that they do appreciate how close Jude and I were and how much time I spent with her over the last few months.

I have emailed a notice to appear in the death notices from Steph and I so am hoping that will get in for tomorrows paper otherwise it will be in on Friday. I have also more or less finished my tribute to Jude - its nothing spectacular by anymeans but I always find those sort of things real hard to write - wish I had her touch of poem writing. But I won't put the tribute here until Friday probably along with the photo.

Will be at work tomorrow trying to get as much done as possible, won't go to work on Friday but may end up going in over the weekend to finish things off before we run the payroll on Tuesday... and not forgetting that Monday is a holiday for us in Wellington being our anniversary day!

Catch ya all later

PS Just wanted to add this wee comment that was left for me on a forum that I belong to... it made me shed a few tears but it is so lovely:

It never makes sense (for a long time) why the good ones have to go. I believe that some people are so special that they are meant to be here to bring us together & teach us the value of love. They leave us forever changed & forever grateful... & then move on to a place of no physical or emotional limitations. What freedom! I hope your grief is lessened by knowing that your friend is now pain-free & what a difference you made in her last days.

Comments:
I am sure that your tribute will do everything to honour your special friend and more. And I am sure it will be hard for you on Friday but just think of Jude looking down on you and that should give you strength.
 
Karen - I'm sure you will get some inner strength when you need it - both to be pallbearer and to read out your tribute.
 
Karen, I hope you are doing okay in these difficult few days. You don't always have to be strong; remember it is okay to give yourself time to grieve. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?