Sunday, January 22, 2006

 

Getting there

Hi all

Yeap am slowly getting there day by day I guess... I don't think I realised what an impact Judes death would have on me to be honest! I have really come to realise how often I txt her, called her or popped up to spend time with her. Everytime my phone beeps I think "Jude" and then its oh it won't be Jude... or if Steph and I decide to do something exciting its like lets ring Jude and see if she wants to come... oh yeah can't do that! Like Steph said to me last night, it will take a bit of time to get used to not having Jude around in person but she will always be there in spirit and in our hearts!

So anyway, Friday evening after the funeral and we had some tea (fish and chips), I popped up to Jo's to collect some tupperware that I had ordered for Judes mum and myself. Was great having a wee catch up with her and some brief cuddles with Rhian - oh she is just so damn adorable!!!! :) Then off to the Tote Bar to pick up a couple of Judes friends and nieces who had been drinking there since the end of the service and then took them all back to one of their homes and stayed there for a wee while reminising about the good ole days! Only problem was that whilst we were reminising I had just a few too many chippies... oooops!

Saturday, I woke up contemplating the gym but used the following reasons/excuses not to go: 1) I had a slight headache, 2) My right arm was real sore from carrying the casket, and 3) I was still tired and didn't really have the energy... besides I had to be up at Judes place by 10am to spend some time with her parents as her mum wanted to give me a couple of new tops that she had bought for Jude but she had never gotten the chance to wear them. So that trip was a bit emotional - real strange going to Judes and seeing no Jude there... so a few more tears were shed and lots more cuddles with promises that I will always keep in touch with the family no matter what! Her parents are hoping to come back down next weekend and will stay with Judes brother so they are going to let me know when they know for sure that they are coming and I will then pop up and have a cuppa and a chat with them all as thats what they want me to do!

Anyway, after that trip, it was housework time before heading to Queensgate to do some shopping and to have some lunch. I managed to score myself a nice top from Farmers for 1/2 price and the best bit was that the top was a "L"! Not an 3XL, 2XL or even an XL but just a plain L :) Lunch wasn't the best of choices - chicken and chips but I enjoyed them. After that we stopped by the Tupperware Demo and had a wee chat to Jo before heading to the supermarket to do shopping etc...

Home from that, made up some dessert kebabs (strawberries, fresh pineapple, grapes, marshmellows and pineapple lumps) to take to Lynaires later on then managed to blob out for a wee while before we headed to Lynaires place. Had a wonderful evening there - best catch up we have had for ages. Only problem was that I ate far to many chippies and crackers and pate so by the time the BBQ was cooked I was forcing myself to eat steak, meat patties and a sausage.. and oh coleslaw and garlic bread too! Despite being so full, I still forced down some of the dessert kebabs! I felt the worst I had felt for a long time food wise... I can't recall the last time I had eaten so much... but hey the best bit was that I had an awesome night anyway! We ended up playing "Buzz" on the Play Station. I had heard lots about this game "Buzz" but had never played it... but after 1 game I was addicted and just wanted to keep on playing, so we finally left their place about 12.15am this morning after 5 games! And yay I finally won the last one! :) I so want to play it again and again and again! Next time we get together, we are going to get "Sing Star" - another one I have heard so much about... but I just hope Lynaire and Kev know what they are letting themselves in for by getting me to sing! LMAO

So it was a sleep in for me this morning - up just after 9am and doing washing, cleaning charlies cage and doing yet more washing... Oh have discovered we now have three things wrong with the house again so guess what I am doing tonight - ringing the landlord! The clothesline which was tempermental earlier has now broken - ok I can use it but its dangerous, there is water leaking from the toilet around the base of it and there seems to be a drainage problem on the front lawn by the letterbox which is getting worse... lets see how long these take to get fixed.

Anyway, have just had a yummy piece of corn on the cob and an apricot for lunch and am about to head to Steph's sisters place for a linegere party so Steph's sister in law is picking me on her way past so best I go get changed soon....

Not a lot more happening this weekend really, a quiet evening with Taco's planned for tea and then I am working tomorrow (Wgtn Anniversary) and L is picking me up at 9.30 but I think by the sounds of things we will be there most of the day... oh well Karen just think of the $$$$ and the day off you will get! :)

Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend - once again thanks to you all for your lovely emails and comments and txts for both the tribute and birthday wishes... yes it was my birthday on Friday (day of the funeral) but I did not celebrate it as I was not in any frame of mind. Still haven't chosen a present for Steph to get me yet but I will find something one day when I am ready.

See ya

PS Sorry for the long post - was only supposed to be a short update... but you know me - rambling on forever as always!

Comments:
Just sending u a hug Karen
 
Woooohooo on the L hun I bet you were on top of the world.

Chubbymum
 
Happy Birthday for Friday Karen. How sad to have a funeral then - don't forget to celebrate it though!
 
Happy birthday for Friday Karen. Sad that it was spent at the funeral, but also nice that you were able to spend the day celebrating your friends life.

I think you deserved those chippies!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?