Friday, January 13, 2006

 

Not good

Hi all

Just wanted to drop a quick line to say that things are not looking at all good for Jude right now. She was admitted to the hospice early this afternoon but has detoriated rapidly. I got a call from her son to ask me to come as soon as I could - so the boss told me to go straight away and one of the other Mgrs gave me a lift out there to save me mucking around with trains etc... Have been at hospice since 3pm and only just home now (10pm). Has been a long 7hrs but have had some wonderful time with Jude - not quite the one on one time that I was hoping we would all get (like we did with Dad when he was in the hospice) but still it was time as friends and family. When we left (the three of her closest friends) she was sleeping and very peaceful indeed - we are all sleeping with our cellphones on tonight just in case.......... otherwise we are all meeting back there in the morning to spend more time with her.

Oh just to let you know also I did attend weigh in last night on the way to visit Jude whilst she was still in hospital but got home rather late and just went straight to bed.... I am pleased to report that I managed to stay the same - so I maintained my 88.9 kilos over the 3 weeks so was really quite wrapped with that as I was expecting a gain. The hardest part of weighing in now is that I can't txt Jude like I have done for the past almost 3 years!!! That really hurts knowing that I will never get another txt, phone call or email from her.... god why does life have to be so unfair and why do these things happen to the nicest of people???

So my updates may be pretty sparse over the next few days but then again I may come on when I am home to vent my feelings etc... Basically my plans for the weekend are all on hold and will be spending as much time as we can at the hospice. If things are still looking ok on Sunday we will go and have lunch with Mum as it is her birthday early next week but she is aware that she may get a call on Sunday morning saying that we are not coming up...

Thanks for all your love and support everyone xxx

Comments:
My thoughts are with you Karen at this time. I wish I knew what to say.

Take care Love Jackie
 
Poor Jude.. I did not realise things were so bad this soon. How old is she Karen? What a terribly sad thing cancer is. You are a wonderful friend to her but don't forget to look after yourself too.
 
Awww hun - this is just so hard, and it's going to get harder. I'm so sorry - I can't even imagine. My Mum went through something similar with one of her best friends and that was just devastating. You know we are all here for you, no matter what. If you need us, you just come here and tell us.
xxx
 
Lynda, Jude has just turned 52 so yes she is still so young! And none of us expected it this soon... she has just gone down hill rather quickly this week and once she was admitted to the hospice they gave us the prognosis of hours.... but maybe a couple of days if we are lucky.
Am just about to have some breakfast before heading down there.
Thanks again for your love and support
 
Hi Karen, just wanted to say I am thinking of you and Jude this weekend, and sending lots of love and positive thoughts. Stay strong xxx
 
~HUGE HUGS~ am thinking of you all.
 
Hun... I have only managed to get online right now. My thoughts are with you and Jude and her family.

Big hugs hun

Love CM
 
Karen u are in my thoughts.
Big hug coming your way.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?