Friday, January 06, 2006

 

Oh dear...

Hi all

Hmmmm "oh dear" doesn't really sum it up very well at all. I am in fact refering to my food intake for today! Disgusting, poor choices, feeling blah are more like it should be! All started when in the mornings mail arrived 4 choccie fish for me to say thanks for some work I had done for one of the areas prior to Christmas - once I had opened the pkt they slowly disappeared one by one.... whilst out getting a relatively healthy lunch from New World (1/4 chicken and a wee punnet of coleslaw) I also got 3 mega snakes (wine gummy ones) and a pkt of Snowballs (chocolate covered marshmellow balls rolled in coconut). The snakes disappeared pretty rapidly and I thought ok Karen you have had enough junk now... thats enough! But sitting at the traffic lights in the car on the way home the bag somehow found its way open and before I had gotten home hmmmm about 1/2 the pkt had disappeared into my tum!!! But wait theres more..... for tea we had fish and chips! We used to have them each week as our treat but had gone off them over time but since discovering a new place to get them which have the most mouth watering delicious crumbed fish and yummy crispy chips - we have now had them 3 weeks in a row! Ooooops! Gotta get out of that habbit again quickly!

So there was my day foodwise - definitely not good at all but I guess I used to have worse days than that before I started my journey. Tomorrows another day and I will be back on track then :) Water today - oh about 2 litres I think so a big improvement on yesterdays slack effort but still not the best I can do. Exercise - well as I was feeling so bad after all my eating and started getting restless I have just completed my 5km walk - got home just after the street lights came on so it wasn't too dark!

I guess thats pretty sad when one has nothing else to do on a Friday night so gets restless and goes for a walk but I guess that is also better than being either at home or out snacking or drinking!

Tomorrow - all going well I will be up at the gym just after 8am, then after all the usual stuff afterwards and some blob out time, I will head back to Upper Hutt to pick up Jude to take her to a hairdressers appt, then to collect some colour charts as she is about to get her kitchen/dining room painted, then to Farmers to get a new duvet cover she has seen then it will time for her to go home for her nana nap. The last couple of days she hasn't had her nana nap in the afternoon due to various reasons and boy by about 6pm she is almost asleep whilst mid sentence to you!

Nothing else major planned for the weekend - had initally thought that Steph and I might go out for dinner tomorrow night but finances might not allow that and also I don't really need any more temptations right now.

I also want to thank you all for your lovely comments re the difference between the two photos! They certainly are a reality check to remind us how far we have all come as I am sure we all have "before" photos and current photos laying about. Thanks to Brelle, CM and Helena for posting their ones too!:)

Right its now almost 10pm so I think I will take my book and hit the sack otherwise I might not get up in time for the gym... and we can't have that can we??? LOL

Catch ya all over the weekend some time. Have a good weekend everyone :)

Comments:
Have just seen your 2 photos - wow! You've done a great job and look fantastic. Good luck with your healthy choices for tomorrow - as you said, tomorrow's another day.
 
Like you my Friday night was pretty sad, also went for a walk to avoid temptation....... ummmm think it is about time I review my life when I don't have the kids LOL.

Cheers Jaxx
 
Hmmm, well we played scrabble for our Friday night, lol. You know, you feel like it was a really bad day foodwise - but I was waiting for the bad bit to start, it doesn't sound tooo bad for me! Enjoy your weekend :-)
 
Hi Karen, happy new year! Great to see your comparison pics - you have come sooo far and its amazing to see your determination week after week. Nevermind a few sweeties - you've made me hungry for some actually, lol.
 
uh oh ... did those cherries cause you grief?
 
Have missed your updates this weekend - hope all is ok :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?