Monday, January 16, 2006

 

Quickie

Hi all

Well not sure about you others who use blogger but I certainly have been having problems with blogger this evening - just been awfully slow and even erroring at times when I tried to leave messages on other blogs.

I thought to myself today that about a week ago when Jude was admitted to hopsital I made the comment that I probably wouldn't be updating very often etc... but I have found myself just having to update each evening no matter what the time may be due to the over whelming love and support you have all shown to Jude, her family and myself. I also find it good being able to diarise each day on how she was and what may have happened so I can look back at it and think "oh yeah that one of her good days...."

So today's update is not a lot of change really... got a txt from her brother about 9.30 this morning to say that she was comfortable and looking good which cheered us all up a bit. Then at lunch time about 7 of us when out to visit her and I had the task of reading an email out to her that one of the ladies she used to deal with up in the Bay of Plenty wanted me to read... boy that was hard but I did it! Then about 4pm, Marianne and I jumped in the car and headed out to the hospice for a quick visit - not alot more change really. She is still being stubborn and like she said when first diagonised with the cancer "I will fight this to the very last breath I take" and it certainly looks like she is doing that!

The hardest bit of today was when my boss asked me if I would like to sit at Judes desk now... I feel honoured to be there but boy that woman has got some crap in her drawers as well as about a years supply of lollies!!! LOL Its gonna take me some time to go through everything and to sort myself out but I do feel so special being able to sit there and share her bits and pieces. I have sorted a bag full of bits and pieces of personal belongings so will take that out to her son at some stage but no hurry really for that.

Oh I must get the photos reprinted too for her son and now another friend has asked for a copy of the photo of Jude enlarged! I am just so pleased that I remembered to take my camera that day and that I was able to capture her looking good and to have taken the last photo of her.

Haven't been to the gym tonight - but right now the gym can wait - its the least of my worries and not important at all. I know Jude wouldn't want me to abandon it and I am not planning to abandon it altogether... I am just wanting to spend special time with a very special friend whilst she is with us!

Anyway, its almost 9pm now - I am shattered once again - seems to be the story of my life right now. Had a few people tell me today that I look real tired... oh well thats life!

Catch ya all later.

Comments:
Glad she is still hanging in there and is comfortable. It sounds silly but it might be worth taking some photos of her with everyone the next time you see her - they wont be the ones you'll want to remember her by, but they will still be precious. Thanks for updating everyday - I keep wanting to txt and ask you how things are going, but it's exhausting enough without having to answer txts all the time eh? :-)
 
Thanks for the update Karen. My Mum held on for about three weeks like this... it was very hard and was a relief when we knew she was finally at peace.
 
I agree with Kate - thanks for updating daily. Jude sounds a fighter and she has some amazing support. Had to laugh at the lollies in the drawer!
 
I have had you on my mind for over a week now and I look for the update each day - so thank you. I happy that Jude is comfortable and that you have been able to spend some time with her. It must be hard cleaning up the desk - but who better to sit there? No-one!!
Be brave (as i always tell my kids) and be strong:)
 
Pleased to see you still updating - we are all here thinking of you and chuckling at the lollies in the drawer - just what you need!!

Take care :-)
 
I think the greatest thing someone can do is comfort the dying, reading your journal I get the impression that you are a truly generous hearted women, I contacted you when you lost your baby, ( I know Im a silent stalker!!!) and I do believe in karma and you will be rewarded with all the joy in the world because you care for others.


Margaret
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?