Tuesday, January 10, 2006

 

Tuesday Night

Hi all

Well not too much to say tonight... But I would like to thank you for your lovely comments re Jude and her illness. Your support to me (and her) means so much to me and I have passed on to her that you guys are thinking of her too as she used to be an avid reader of my journal until the computer got too much for her.

It's been a full on day at work today starting off with a huge crying session with one of the managers who just happened to ask how Jude was doing and the next thing I knew I was bawling my eyes out... perhaps that was what I needed in a way as I did feel a bit better after that! We didn't get all the checking finished but the boss had to make the call to run the payroll so the disk could get to Finance before people started going home for the day so one is imagining that the next couple of days as people get their payslips etc that the phones will be going berserk with queries etc especially with all the Stat days etc!

Food today - not the best but I decided I needed "stress" food so had a potato top savoury (or more like a mini pie) for lunch along with rice crackers and hummus though as I had bought a whole pkt of biscuits and a container of hummus I ate more than necessary until I had the will power to put the hummus into the fridge for another day! LOL Also had a peppy chew... yum! Though I did have 2 pieces of fruit as well along with a box of raisins as snacks. Water - a bit slack again - only about 1.5 litres but thats definitely better than none at all!

Exercise - made myself go for a walk this evening so did a nice brisk 5km walk so was pleased with that as I know Jude wouldn't want me just sitting on my arse thinking about her as she has been one of my main supporters (in real life) for this journey. Though I must admit I found myself crying whilst out walking so god knows how that looked to cars driving by... I was listening to my MP3 and the "Friends" soundtrack came on and that line of "I'll be there for you" just got to me and the next thing I knew I was crying but I just wiped away the tears and kept on walking! :)

Right time I was outta here - am hoping to get to the gym tomorrow as like I said I know Jude doesn't want me to stop my routine just cause she is sick! So I do try to comprise and spend time with her as well as spending time on me and my health!

Catch ya all later

Comments:
You log out and I log in... sounds like you had one of those days... I am certian that the walk helped sort things out and clear your mind a little.. and I am a firm believer that a good cry helps also...
I love the way songs remind you of places and people... some good and some sad times...Chin up babe.. thinking of you all xx
 
Yeah I believe a good cry helps too. I'm a crier at the best of times, but my iPod often sets me off on my walks! I think I might have to change the songs, lol.
You are right in saying that Jude would want you to be getting on with it, so to speak, as well as being there for her. You're a great friend Karen :-)
 
The cry and the walk probably did you the world of good.
Thinking of you:)
 
Hi there gorgeous woman. Hope you are finding today a bit better than yesterday. It is so hard to cope with cancer in people we love. I have to stop myself crying every day when I think of the anguish my aunty went through with it. Not a very fair way to live out your days. Keep strong Karen, you have dealt with a hell of a lot in the past year and this is going to be a much better year. Try to stop worrying about the baby thing and it may just happen when you least expect it, and give that man a kick up the backside as far as helping out.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?