Wednesday, January 11, 2006

 

Wednesday evening

Hi all

Well another day closer to the weekend and I am so looking forward to the weekend and am so hoping that I will get the chance to sleep in! Though knowing my silly body I will wake early and end up exercising but in my mind I won't be doing any of that - I will be sleeping! LOL

I am feeling rather guilty today as I am feeling like I have abandoned Jude as I have not visited her today at all :( Am really missing seeing her but I know for my own sanity I have to have some "me" time or I will have a breakdown - okay maybe not a breakdown but will just wear myself right down to nothing! And I know that would be the last thing Jude would want me to do to myself! I did comment to her last night when I was leaving that she wouldn't miss me if I didn't come in as she has so many other friends visiting and boy did I get a telling off from her for saying that or as much as a telling off that she could give me in her state... but Barb another friend that was there told me off too saying that of course Jude would miss me as everyone knows what a special friend I am to her. I tried to argue that I am just me and doing nothing particular and just being there but I lost the argument :( To me I am doing nothing special - just doing what I would hope my friends would do for me should I ever be in that situation (or as sick as she is in anyway). But anyway, back to not visiting her tonight - my boss and one of the other Mgrs are visiting tonight so I have asked them to pass on my thoughts to Jude and one of them is going to ring me when they get home to let me know how she is doing.

So on to work for the day - it was a long day as we didn't get an update from Judes son till about 3pm today so we all spent the day wondering what was happening. But we were relatively busy but the phones were not as busy as I thought they may have been but there is still tomorrow and Friday yet! LOL

Food today - really good as nothing "naughty" has passed these lips today. Another good day with 3 pieces of fruit eaten - boy this week must be a record for me and my fruit eating! Still no cherries yet Helena but then I haven't been back to NW yet to see if they had more in stock! I still can't believe I had not tried REAL cherries until Saturday afternoon at Helena's place! I have always thought YUCK to cherries but it dawned on me whilst talking to her that the only cherries I have ever tried were those glazed ones that come on top of Sundaes etc... so she went and got some fresh ones out of her fridge and OMG I was in heaven eating them! So yay for discovering a new fruit! :)

Water today - about 2.25 litres so am really pleased with that given my effort over the last few days.

Exercise - well took time out for myself (but only cause Jude would tell me off otherwise) and went to the gym. Was the only one there for majority of session so that was great and although I struggled on cross trainer and the rower I still completed my times on them and worked up a huge sweat! LOL

Anyway, thats me for the night - tomorrow I have the dentist at 5pm so will need to finish work early and head there (YUCK but am wondering if my new electric toothbrush that I got for Christmas has made much difference LOL) and then down to weigh in and then in to town to visit Jude. Steph will get his own tea (takeaways) as I won't be up to eating much after the dentist and having some fillings etc... Not expecting too much from weigh in tomorrow - remembering my awesome last weigh in just prior to Christmas when I lost 1.7 kilos but that was a first thing in the morning weigh in compared to a late afternoon one SOOOOOO I will be gaining tomorrow and my esitmate is between 500gms to 1 kilo but will keep you posted.

Night all

Comments:
You are so adorable - fancy never trying cherries before ... I have fond childhood memories of sitting under my aunty's Cherry tree just eat the fruit straight off it! WOOHOO - funny the things you remember eh? You know you are a real good pal Karen, thats why everyone keeps coming back here to cheer you on! :)
 
Sorry I haven't popped in for a few days, so missed out hearing that Jude has taken a turn - hope that she is doing okay, and will repeat Helena's comment about what a lovely friend you are to her.

Good luck for weigh-in and the dentist tomorrow.
 
I guess it is the week of eating new fruit-- I had NEVER eaten mango before this week either... I love them!! So that is my breakky at the moment - fruit salad with fresh mango!!
Really hope jude is feeling a little better and you also feel a little stronger for a 'day off' - i can imagine it could be quite hard on your heart :( Take care of yourself xx
 
I too after reading Helena's post about Cherries, went out and got some, and tried them for the first time YUMMMMMMMMM

Have a good rest of the week Jaxx
 
Just wanted to leave you a ~huggle~. We have both been very busy but it doesn't mean I'm not thinking of you often. Please do remember to take a bit of time out for yourself each day, Karen.

Totally agree, you can't beat fresh cherries!!! :-) ~waves @ Helena~ Hi Chick!
 
Aw Karen - you are going through so much at the moment - I said it before and will again that Jude is priveleged to have such a supportive friend! But as the others are saying you need your time as well - take care:)
 
Great stuff re: your weigh in!! So pleased for you!! My phone battery is about to die otherwise would have txted you back. Hope Jude was ok tonight - catch up with you soon. xx
 
Mmm cherries. But they are a bit expensive in London at the mo (probably flown in from some far flung place!). I have kiwifruits (from Italy!) in my fruitbowl at work, which is good but they are small and I can't wait to eat some proper kiwi ones. Also dreaming of feijoas. I hope there'll be feijoas in Auckland in February!

Karen you asked on my journal what we'll be doing in NZ. Spending the first week in the Sth Island because I haven't spent much time down there and met a primary school friend on 'oldfriends' who lives in Oamaru. Then to Auckland for the second week to see rellys and friends. No Wellington I'm afraid - I took Dan to the windy city last time we were over.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?