Thursday, January 19, 2006

 

Weigh In

Hi all

Wasn't too sure if I would go to weigh in tonight since my eating over the last 10 days or so has been pretty random - eating when I want to eat and not eating my normal regular food... but as I was driving home I thought what the hell - lets go face the music - and believe it or not I somehow managed to lose 1 kilo this week! So am down to 87.9 kilos and a total loss of 41.4 kilos! I do have to be careful though as it could quite easily catch up with me next week as things return to "normal" for me but I will face that next week I think. I will just be happy with my loss this week and take it and run... :) The hardest bit was going back to the car and I just burst in to tears as I have always txt Jude from Day 1 of this journey to let her know how I got on each week and it really hit me that I will no longer be able to do that! Yes I have lots of friends I can txt (but didn't do any tonight) but its just not the same if you know what I mean.

Work today was diabolical between the work load which is huge and the phone calls and emails that were coming in from the Area offices expressing their sympathy and condolences to us as a team. L and I will be working on Monday (bugger there goes the long weekend) to ensure everything is done and checked in time to run the payroll on Tuesday. But the upside is that we will get paid time and a half for the hours we do work as well as receiving an alternative day off (to take later) so hey its not all bad I guess. In my old job I never got paid for working weekends etc (I got some time off in lieu but its just not the same as overtime LOL) so at least here it is recognised.

Looks like there will be at least 35/40 people from Head Office attending Judes funeral tomorrow so that goes to show how well liked she was at work. Its gonna be a hard day - one that I am not looking forward to but I will be strong and do just what Jude would want me to do. I have more or less finished my tribute to Jude now and got one of the Mgrs at work to "proof" it for me so apart from a few grammar corrections she said it was really great. Though she did ring me up after she had read it (I had emailed it to her) and said "You could have warned me" - she was bawling her eyes out after reading it. Oooops didn't think it was that moving but obviously it is as I then showed it to L and she promptly started crying too... oh well I guess thats what tributes are all about. Lets just hope I can do it without blubbering too much. I have been given some tips on how to retain my composure etc so will see how I get on.

Right dinner is almost ready so best I get moving. Will catch ya all either tomorrow night after the funeral (depending on what we do after the wake etc) or at some stage on Saturday.

Thanks again for all your support - you guys just rock and I love you all!

Comments:
will be thinking of you and the family tomorrow mate, be strong *hugs*
 
Well done on your loss! You know I'm so proud of you for being such a battler in the face of everything you've been through lately - I know wonderful things are around the corner for you.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow for the funeral, and for your birthday! Hope it goes as well as it can, and I know your tribute will be beautiful. xxx
 
I think you'll find lots of those small things sneaking up on you in the next few weeks that remind you how much you miss Jude. They will be sad, but will also help remind you how happy her friendship made you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?