Thursday, January 26, 2006

 

Weigh In

Hi all

Well went to weigh in - faced the music and gained 500gms! But don't there are no bridges to be built this time as I am already over it... Hey I have been through a hell of a lot in the last 4 weeks or so and have somehow worked wonders with my weight - maintaing my huge loss that I had just before Christmas for 3 whole weeks and then still managing to lose a kilo last week! I knew I would be facing a gain sooner or later so lets hope its just this one (for this month - oh it is the last Thursday of the month LOL) for the time being. Onwards and downwards I say!!! :)

Once again I found it hard to leave weigh in and not being able to txt Jude but I txt some other special friends - thanks guys for your support! And I would just like to share this wee quote that just came through on an email from my mum: "Good friends are like stars.........You don't always see them, but you know they are always there" I feel that applies to everyone out of us out there :)

I am feeling a bit better today throat wise - seems to come and go but seem to have got a bit of a tickle in it so hopefully thats all it will be! Started the ISOGEL today as well for the IBS (see last nights entry) - ewwww yuck!! LOL Yes it may be tasteless but the texture of the yoghurt becomes disgusting! I must be honest and say that by 1/2 way through the pottle of yoghurt I was managing to eat it without gagging so hopefully thats a good sign. Also booked my ultrasound in for Sat 11th Feb - but gees didn't realise it was one of the ones that you have to fast for approx 4/5hrs before hand - no fluids or food whatsoever! So decided that a Saturday morning appt was the best time so I can have a wee sleep in, jump in the shower, dress and then head down there... I can cancel the appt with the ISOGEL does wonders but will have to play that by ear for the next fortnight.

Not too much planned for this weekend - haircut on Saturday morning and a girlie brunch at Helenas on Sunday morning... but in between that there will be housework and shopping but nothing to big. So hopefully will be able to find some "me" time. Though on saying that I am one of those people that find it hard to sit still and not do anything... always like to be on the go doing something (well have only been like that since starting the gym etc). But I will do my best to relax this weekend.

Right, catch ya all later. Have a great Friday everyone.

Comments:
I know you find it hard to just do nothing - but I'm going to get bossy here - you didn't give yourself lots of rest and pamper time after your angels, and you aren't now.. and missy.. I'm gonna have to put my foot down, lol. Have a fantastic weekend - enjoy the brunch at Helena's and just think about yourself and don't do anything that isn't fun or relaxing!! :P

Just call me Mrs Bossy. :-)
 
You really did sum it up Karen - you have had so much happen over the past few weeks so you really have done so well with your weight. Also I totally agree with Kate!

Have fun at Helena's and enjoy:)
 
Not off to the Wellington Cup, then? Well done with your weight, I think you did really well.
 
Too bad about that gain, just as well its only a little one :-)

Have a lovely weekend, and hope that throat is feeling much better after a few days rest.
 
Hi there Karen...
I have been away for a week and I have just read you week of posts, including your tearful, heartfelt tribute to dear Jude... You have been so brave Karen... You have angels watching over you now!!!
 
Thanks for understanding :):)

Have a nice RELAXING weekend :)

Cheers Jaxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?