Sunday, February 12, 2006

 

2nd update for Sunday

Hi ya

Just a quickie to say the following:

1) I did go for a walk this afternoon - even talked Steph in to coming with me so we drove down to Petone foreshore and did a 50 min walk along the beach. Probably wasn't as brisk as I would normally go if I was by myself but it was fun quality time.

2) Just had the most delicious roast chicken meal for tea with lots of veggies! Sorry just had to share that one with you.

3) I did it! After reading both Helena's and Sue's stories today about their experiences in the Triathlon... I have signed up for the Duathlon which is in 9 weeks time! Yeap 9 weeks to train myself to ride 10kms on a bike! I CAN DO THIS and I WILL DO THIS!!! Not about how fast I do this but its about having fun and being able to say I did it! So off to The Cycle Centre in Upper Hutt on Saturday morning to get myself the ladies seat that I have been procrastinating over since Christmas and then look out here I come!

This challenge could be just the thing I need to kick start my motivation again - who knows... but so far so good - I can feel the motivation and enthusiasm returning slowly but surely!

Right off to ring my dear friend Trish in Invercargill... catch ya all later

Comments:
Woohooo, good on your girl!! I reckon this may be just the thing you need to get inspired again :-) Very proud of you!

P.s. just posted a pic of Jo and I at Carla's wedding today :-)
 
Whoohoo Karen - that is great. Go Girl!!!!

Cheers Jaxx :)
 
Great news that u have entered the duathlon...who bloody cares what time you do it in. The fact you do it is what important thing GO GIRL YOU CAN DO IT.
 
woohooooooooo cant wait to help you with your bike training! You go girl! :)
 
Did I read right??? A Challenge!! Just what we wanted to hear... you go girl!!
 
Yippee - I'm signed up for the duathlon too! I'm in a very early wave, so I'll be able to cheer you in to the finish line.
 
Good on you for signing up!!!
You are going to be so proud going over that finish line:)
 
Way to Go!

I think you are right, this is just the thing you need to aim for. You will be pumped to do it too. That feeling when you cross the finish line will have you feeling awesome.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?