Wednesday, February 15, 2006

 

Another good day

Hi ya

Yeap have had another great day today... well apart from this blimen headache that keeps coming and going. Though at work today L gave me the most amazing 10 min neck/shoulder rub and it was total bliss! :) I could have sat through that all day long! LOL Have managed only to take one lot of Panadol today which is good for me as I am usually a big Nurofen taker but since all the stuff on TV etc about Ibuprofen (the main ingredient of Nurofen) causing a higher risk of miscarriages etc in women who take it reguarly I have more or less stopped taking it unless it is dire!

Work today was good - we appointed a temp in Jude's role today and she starts on Friday. She is an older woman and has lots of payroll systems experience so that is a great start so all she has to do is learn our policies etc... We are sure she will fit in to the team ok so fingers crossed!

Food today - probably not the best of lunches - a delicious smoothie as well as a sweet chilli chicken panini - both by the way were absoutley delicious! Had the first lot of lamb chops tonight for tea - a wee bit fatty but oh so scrumptious!!! Water today - about 2.5 litres so am ok with that intake.

Exercise - didn't do Plimmer Steps this morning as I was walking up with one of the guys from downstairs and he is an older guy who doesn't do the steps so I decided to be polite and keep our conversation going and go up the escalators with him. Though after receiving an "SOS" email from Jo I decided to throw on my walking shoes at lunch time and walk up to More FM radio station to pick up her prize that she won this morning. So that was about a 15 min walk each way plus I took the long way back so all up about a 40 min walk which was really nice. Then of course since it is Wednesday - I have been to the gym and had a great work out there - scary to say but I THINK I may be slowly rediscovering my lost motivation... lets hope it lasts!

At this stage I am meeting Helena on the 5.38 train on Friday morning (yes 5.38AM) and will head to her gym with her to check it out and have a work out with her - could prove very interesting indeed. Am hoping that I don't interupt her too much with my questions etc as I have never been in a "big" gym before! LOL So if I do that I won't need to go on Saturday morning and can spend the weekend deciding if I am going to change gyms. Also gotta look at the $$$ as this new one is more expensive but when I look at the running costs of my car and the time I spend each week getting to my current one it could work out about the same. But will keep you posted on that.

Right time I was outta here - will catch ya tomorrow sometime after weigh in though I do have Helena popping in about 7.30pm to chat about bike training for the Duathlon etc... but should be able to do a quick update prior to her arriving.

Night all

Comments:
*giggle* @ the big gym comment ... this is my gym, not the majestic centre one eh? teehee
 
Hun you sound so motivated and it is great you are doing it with Leenie as it is great doing it with a friend.

Love CM
 
Glad you had a good day - you are sounding much more positive, and much more like the Karen we know and love.

Hope you enjoy the big gym! I'm sure Leenie will take good care of you :-)
 
Good luck with the big gym! Will be good for you to have Leenie behind you. 5.38am??
 
God... you must have your motivation back, why else would you be catching a train befor the sun is up!!
Have another wonderful day and I hope that your weigh-in is great!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?