Sunday, February 26, 2006

 

Another weekend almost finished...

Hi ya

Well another great day today both weather wise and exercise wise :)

Woke this morning just before 8am so promptly got up, did a bike ride again - managed about 4.5kms this morning and 1/2 of that was a slow steady uphill ride with of course the second 1/2 being a nice cruisey ride down to home again but the uphill bit sure got my quads working real hard. Didn't quite make my target of where I wanted to get to but I almost got there and know I will get there one day soon. So all up I have biked 10 kms this weekend so am really pleased with that. No sore butt at all - ok a bit sore when I first got on again this morning but that soon disappeared so yay for ladies gel seats! :) And yay for gloves as well - makes holding the handle bars so much easier.

And then this evening, I decided I was gonna do a walk as well so did a quick change of clothes, and did a brisk 5km walk (same route as the bike ride this morning). Normally I do my walking either first thing in the morning or I will have an earlish tea and walk about 7.30/8.00pm but I had this urge to walk so I did despite it being 5.15pm and boy it sure was still quite hot then! Had started sweating when I was about 1km into walking but kept on going of course.

So between those two exercise times, I have done some more washing - I can never believe the amount of washing just the two of us create but I guess with both of us gyming, and me biking as well that is a lot of changes of clothes etc! I have cleaned up Charlie for the week and then we went up to our new house (well almost ours) as we thought there was an open home there since the offer was not unconditonal as yet so we had organised to meet Steph's parents there but it was not to be. The agent was there (our agents fiance) at the next door place which is the only one left not sold - shit word has gotten out about us already! LOL Nah it is the one that needs the most work doing to it apparently! :) But we went and spoke to the agent and he went next door and asked the tenants if they minded us going through again and they were very nice and said no problems at all. So had another look through though once again cause they were there it was awkward to look in cupboards etc... But it was nice to see it again and Steph's parents were able to have a look too.

Had a lovely homemade chicken and salad sandwich for lunch today and then after a bit of blobbing we decided that we felt like playing a game of mini golf. So got in the car, popped around to Steph's sisters place, asked if the kids wanted to come with us which they did, so off we went to explore a minigolf park in Porirua called Pirates Cove! Boy it sure was so much fun and I won my first ever game of mini golf! Believe me I normally suck at this game and only play it cause I have so much fun! But after 2 hole in ones I really got the hang of it! I wanted to play another round! Offically the boys did beat us girls but as an individual I won!!! We then stopped at North City Plaza to treat the kids to an ice cream/milkshake from Wendy's and then dropped them back home. But we sure will be going back there again. Janine - I did think of popping around to see you and Simon but as we had the kids with us they would have gotten restless etc...

Have had a lovely steak, potatoes and salad for tea... gotta water the pots on the deck, get my gym gear ready for tomorrow. Oh speaking of gyms - with the purchasing of the house I won't be able to swap gyms due to the $$$$$ so will be sticking with Robyn for the time being. I might even up to stop it altogether depending on our budgeting etc but will play that by ear.

Right time to get moving - catch ya all later. Oh hi to Ang and Kris - two new readers of my blog. Welcome and I certainly don't mind you reading at all :)

Comments:
Great to hear your great news about the house. I have just caught up on your last week of entries and geez have you been busy.
 
Going well with your duathlon training Karen!! The gel seat sounds good:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?