Monday, February 06, 2006

 

Long weekends...

Oh I do love long weekends - I could have a 3 day weekend every week! But then I guess we would get used to that and would then want 4 day weekends... and so it goes on!

Today I have felt a bit better than yesterday - well most of the day anyway. Had another sleep in today - thats two days in a row now that I have slept till after 9am! Most unlike me so I guess my body was telling me that I needed the extra sleep... Haven't done too much today - tidied up a bit and then Lynaire and Kev came around just after 12 and we sat on the deck and had some chippies and drinks before having lunch which was chicken, green salad and fresh bread! YUM! :) Then it was more yak kity yak before they left about 4ish. We then decided to pop to the Warehouse to see what bargins they had left from their Waitangi Weekend Sale - well at that time of the day - there was sweet bugger all left so after wandering around aimlessly for about 30 mins or so we left there empty handed!

Home to prepare tea - steak, potatoes and green salad! Then I thought what the hell I would go for a walk, so threw on my walking pants and sneakers and the streets doing my usual 5km route. Did it in 43 mins which is a good time for me - boy I was certainly doing some big strides - you taller girls would be proud of me! LMAO

So have just had a shower to cool down a bit, done the dishes and about to head to bed I think. Might try ringing mum again as she has been away for the long weekend at some Petanque tournament up north... I did try earlier but no answer which is unlike her as normally I get the answerphone so will try again in a moment.

Hope you all have a good short week and I will catch ya all tomorrow probably.

Comments:
Yay, you definitely sound better today - still not quite yourself but cheerier. I'm glad you are sleeping in, and I'm glad your body is finally letting you get the rest I'm sure you need. Hope you have a lovely week.

And I know this month wasn't your turn to get pregnant, but one positive thing : you have a bit more time to have fun trying! ;-) (Believe me, once you are pregnant - that stuff aint so easy, mores the pity!!).
 
Karen good to see u r feeling more yourself. Of course right about now u should be sleeping (1.30am) as should I but it is one of my not sleeping nights. Sounds like u have had a nice restful weekend caught up on somesleep good for you. Hugs
 
Pleased to hear you sounding a bit better:) Really felt for you when I caught up with your posts over the past couple of days.
 
It's really good to hear you feeling better today.

And well done on your big strides :D
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?