Saturday, February 04, 2006

 

Saturday evening

Hi ya

Yesterday ended up being another diabolical day at work but I am pleased to say that I was able to get through more or less everything that I had on my desk which really did make my day as I thought I may have had to work over the weekend... okay I didn't really have much of a break and stayed a bit longer than I normally would but the work got completed... well more or less.

Went to a friends birthday dinner last night - my friends partner had organised a surprise dinner for her and it all went to plan and a great night night was had by all who went along! Ended up getting home about 3hrs later than what I had initally planned but thats only cause I was having such a good time! LOL Steph had decided that he would rather not go as he wouldn't have really known many of the people there so that meant no drinking for me - bugger! But hey I still had a brilliant time. Only thing that spoilt the whole evening was TOM arriving... bugger! Had hoped that I may have been pregnant as it was late arriving but thats another long story altogether!

This morning, I woke relatively early but with a crook tum! Had not booked to go to the gym as I was meeting up with Jude's parents at her brothers place at 10am and would have been too pushed for time to fit the gym in and be up there by 10. Yes I did contemplate a walk but with the crook tum I decided it was better that I stay close to the bathroom! LOL

Spent a lovely hour with Jude's family - a few more tears were shed and before I knew it I had to get going as they were heading into town to meet Judes son for a birthday lunch. So have promised that I will keep in touch with them and I have their email addresses and phone numbers so I will keep in touch as they consider me part of the extended family which means so much to me.

After leaving there, I popped around to my friends place who's birthday dinner I had been at last night to say hi and to see her new present - a brand new computer along with a flat screen etc... Her darling partner had organised for a friend to come and install it etc whilst we were at the dinner... Stayed there for about an hour before coming back home.

Neither Stephan or I were in the mood to do anything too much so spent the next couple of hours just blobbing around at home. Went and did the groceries before coming home and getting stuck into cleaning the outside of the house. It was lots of fun (or I thought so anyway) - Steph had the bucket (with Sugar Soap in it) and house brush and went along scrubbing everything and I followed behind with the hose! Though I did have turns with the brush - boy that was hard work!

Have just dinner of oven baked crumbed fish and chips along with a delicious green salad. Oh had a lovely Gin and Tonic too since I had TOM - its about the only week of each month that I do relax and have a drink or too. The rest of the time I refrain from drinking if I can to ensure a healthy pregnancy. I am really enjoying reading Kate's journal at the moment with all her updates about home births etc... so fasincating really! Or I think so anyway being someone who is trying to get pregnant so will have these decisions to make one day... if I am lucky that is!

Anyway, tomorrow we will be doing housework including scrubbing/washing the floor tiles inside (haven't been done for quite some time)! I am meeting two friends tomorrow at 4pm at the local cafe/bar for a quick catch-up.

Then on Monday we have our friends Lynaire and Kev coming over for lunch for a catch up so that will be really great and all going well we will be able to sit out on the deck and just relax, enjoy the sunshine and have a drink or two.

Hope you are all having a great enjoyable long weekend - catch ya all later.

Comments:
You know hun, I'm still 100% positive that you are going to get your baby. I don't know when, but I'm sure it's going to happen. I can feel it in my waters, hehe.

Good on you re: the alcohol thing. I had a fair bit to drink in the first 2 weeks of my pregnancy (before I found out obviously!!), and it's a bit of a worry. If we had been planning a pregnancy I would have definitely abstained when it was possible to be pregnant.

It's interesting you said your period was late, because so many people I have know have conceived in the month or two after having a late period or an altered cycle. I don't know why, if your body is sensing changes or whatever. It may mean nothing, but something to think about.

I'm glad you are enjoying reading about my pregnancy - it's always hard to know if posting about it is being insensitive.

Enjoy the rest of your long weekend :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?