Saturday, February 25, 2006

 

So far so good

Hi all

Yeap so far so good with both the house and my duathlon training :)

Got the builders report yesterday - all ok considering the age of the place (approx 55 yrs old) - just one thing that we are going to mention to the agent on Monday morning (or at the open home tomorrow) and hopefully that will be fixed for us prior to settlement. The valuation is being done on Monday morning so fingers crossed that comes up to scratch... then if so its all done and the place is ours :)

Steph's family are so excited for us and getting into it all and his parents are coming to the open home with us tomorrow morning... but my family is another story really. I think deep down my mum and sister are pleased for us (not emailing my brothers until it goes unconditional) but I think they are worried about the financical committment we are going to have! Might have to have a chat with them at some stage as we would not have been lent the money if we were not able to afford the repayments. Okay yes we do want a child or two and yes I will be going back to work but hey thats our situation and one that only we can make decisions about... but my sister sure does like to put her two cents in about that side of things every time we speak.

Work yesterday was flaming awful - felt like I acheived sweet bugger all and was getting quite frustrated at times.

This morning, I got up just after 7am and jumped on the bike and went for a 5.4km bike ride (from home to the Silverstream rail bridge and back again) - took me 22 mins so despite being quite happy with that I know I need to build up my speed otherwise it will take me forever at the duathlon. Got off the bike, and went straight out for a walk (helmet hair and all) - only did about 1 km but wanted to keep my legs moving. It really is nice out there at that time of the day.

Have done all the usual Saturday stuff (washing, housework etc), also have had a borrer bomb through the house so had to keep out for about 3 hrs so visited Steph's parents, dropped off Jo's radio prize that I collected for her a few days ago, had a kebab on the riverbank for lunch, did the groceries and now am home again.

We have Lynaire and Kev and Kev's daughter coming for tea tonight so that will be great to catch up with them. Have decided to have a BBQ since it is such a nice day so have to pop up to the supermarket and get some more meat and do a stop at the bottle store to get some drinks too.

Right time I was outta here - gotta make a salad yet and do some other bits and pieces.... Hope you are all having a good weekend - catch ya all later.

Comments:
Hi there,
I thought I would just drop by and say HI!! I hope you don't mind.

Hope the bbq went well :)

Well done on the morning exercise, it is just the BEST time for it for real.

I'm not so sure I'll be saying that when winter comes tho.

Take care,
and I hope things go through smoothly with the house.

:) A
 
If I can put in my 2 bucks worth about your training - I'd train for distance first and worry about speed later. It really won't matter how long you take (and you won't be the slowest), but you do want to finish. Going for a walk after you ride is a great idea, as it gets you used to the conversions.
And - no matter how long you take, I'll be there to cheer you in.
 
Your family only have you concerns at heart.... i am sure alsot hat they are happy for you.... it is a big commitment but you are so right... the banks do not like taking risks... so you must be a sure bet!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!
 
Great work with the training - you can do it Karen!

Try not to listen too much to what others are saying about the house purchase. It're really betweet the pair of you and the bank what committments you have. It's probably a bit of worry on their side as well:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?