Sunday, February 12, 2006

 

Sunday...

Hi

Thought I better show my face here today in case you had all thought I had given up! But I was never going to give up - take a break yes but I would never give up! Okay yes it has been known in the past that when people take a break that the break ends up being for a loooooooooooong time and things end up out of control again... That is probably the reason why I am hesitant to have a break so to speak but I know I need to do something about the way things are going and probably fairly quickly too.

But thank you so much for the support and encouragement through the comments and also emails too! Like I have said many a time - I wouldn't have made it this far on my journey without the support I have from you all online and also my "real life" friends too.

Going back to Friday - woke with a thumper headache but forced myself to go to work due to the high work volume etc... just took things slowly and took some high strength panadol and slowly came right. Had an interesting morning tea "meeting" with our bosses boss - it sure got heated at times regarding Jude's position that they are not yet advertising but about an hour later we sort of came to some sort of arrangement... not the the one we wanted but hey its all about compromise I guess. We went to Steph's sisters place on Friday night to have tea with them (Fish and chips) and to watch the rugby where the Hurricanes kick the Blues butts!!! Great game to watch especially the second half when the Hurricanes scored 34 points!

Yesterday - I had my gall bladder scan and according to the sonographer it showed nothing up but the Drs at the clinic will look at it more throughly on Monday and then send a written report to my Dr. Guess I was pretty frustrated by that result as I was hoping that it would pick up something but now I am back to square one! After the scan, we did the groceries, home again and had lunch before getting stuck into the housework. I then made some delicious Salmon Hash Cakes (from the Food in a Minute website - also been on TV this week) in mini muffin trays to take as a plate to Stephs brothers "annual" party. They have a party each year as both his brother and sister in law have their birthday in the same week as well as their wedding anniversary so their partys have become quite popular and entertaining.

Had a good time there - continious finger food all evening long. Ate too much as when I got home I had that "fat blah" feeling and couldn't get comfortable in bed. Had been planning on drinking quite a bit though but only had 3 Gin and Tonics (with a large water in between each one) so of course I am feeling rather good this morning! LOL We hitched a ride home (around the corner and down the road) with Steph's parents and Steph walked around this morning to get the car.

Not a lot else planned today - might catch up with a friend Jo who also lives in Stokes Valley. But thats about it - MIGHT go for a walk later today depending on how I feel but right now I ain't doing any exercise!

Right catch ya all later... have a good week everyone.

Comments:
The Canes rock! I just loved that game - especially as most of my family and and work colleagues support the Blues!
 
Missed the game as we were away with no TV:( Sounds a great start for them though!

Take care and hope your week goes well!
 
Those salmon hash things look rather srcummy I plan on making them when I go to meeting that need supper next month.If I can hold off that long might make them for hubbies lunch and have a taste.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?