Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

Weigh In

Despite me saying all day that I wasn't going to go to weigh in today... I kept hearing Jude saying "It's up to you whether or go or not but you know what I think" (which by the way was - face the music each week - remember how far you have come - and if you gain you will get rid of it again) so I toddled off there on the way home and had the gain I was expecting - a gain of 800gms taking my total loss back to 40.1 kilos and my weight to 89.1 kilos. Shit only just sitting over that 40 kilo loss mark! I don't want to go back over that again! Soooo I guess there is some motivation if there is any - that 40 kilo mark is only 100gms gain away and we all know how easy it is to gain 100gms! So it is now time to do some serious thinking and analysing of where I have come from, what I want to achieve and how I am going to do it!

That reminds me of something written up on the whiteboard at the gym which goes along the lines of:
"To acheive your goals in life, you have to be able to picture yourself at your goal (or each mini goal along the way), have a realistic plan to acheive that goal and then be able to carry out that plan" Well it went something like that - sounded a lot better when I was reading it whilst on the treadmill yesterday!

A few of you have suggested me taking some "time out" for a wee while to have a break from weight loss, exercise etc... I mentioned this to Barbara today and she is not really that keen on me doing that as she told me stories of people who have had a "break" and then never come back and she even told me one story of a lady who had lost 62 kilos and then decided to have a break and despite follow up calls and letters didn't come back... and a year later Barbara ran into her at the supermarket and she had gained 78 kilos in one year!!!!! And this woman thought she had learnt enough to be able to have a break and maintain for a wee while but obviously she wasn't able to! Okay I think I have learnt enough - but have I really???? I have been doing this journey just short of 3 years now! I mean one would think that after 3 years of weighing in almost every week that one would know ones weak points and strong points etc... but do we really??? So yeah after that discussion I guess I am scared to have a break really. She did say that if at any stage I feel that she is pressuring me in anyway that I am to tell her and we will talk about it etc... and that perhaps we can just have an "easy" month so to speak. Not go overboard but not stress about the result each week either so that is one option so to speak.

Though I do need to do some serious thinking about the gym side of things - I am really struggling to find the motivation to get there - and normally once I am there I am fine and dandy but lately I have struggled to get through the programme and am not really feeling any better for having been! I am planning to get together with Helena at some stage to check out her gym in town and perhaps join there so I can go in the mornings when I do have more energy... but she has her Triathalon this weekend and then goes away for 2 weeks so I guess I will have to wait for her return before I can organise a visit there. Yes I guess I could go by myself but if I join with her as a referal there are benefits for the both of us I understand.

Food today - not too bad - quite a bit more of those organic plums - boy they are delicious! And then I got taken out to lunch today by one of the Managers at work who was "concerned" about me. We had a marvellous chat and I have a couple of tasks to do tomorrow to start the ball rolling in a couple of areas. Oh back to the lunch though - we both had a delicious ham, lettuce, tomato and camembert sandwich on multi grain bread. She also had a caramel chocolate gooey slice but I said no to that but mainly cause I am not a caramel lover! I did however have a banana/berry smoothie which was delicious. Water today - about 2 litres so not as good as I have been but still ok in my eyes. Exercise - none apart from the walk from the station to work and then back again in the afternoon. Oh and Plimmer Steps too - I counted the steps the other day and there are only 53 of them plus the step hill at the top! And here I was thinking that I would be able to join Jo in climbing 268 steps one evening - I don't think so!!!

Anyway, enough rambling from me - oh Yummy Mummy - thank you for thinking of me in the shower (that did make me giggle) - I do have an aroamatherapist who I see for massage and reki healing so perhaps it is time to find the money and make an appt to see her for a good session! I would LOVE to have a day spa session but hey that is definitely out of my league! But a good soothing relaxing massage I am sure I could manage the funds for so will do some budgeting figures and see what I come up with.

Thanks everyone for your support and comments - I know I wouldn't be where I am today without your support!

Ciao

Comments:
Hmmm, that is a good point re: the break thing. The break that I was thinking of, was more a mental one to give yourself some space to work through stuff. With the focus on maintenance of not only your weight, but health and fitness. By the way - I'm not saying this in the way that I know what is best for you (LOL), it's just a thought.

Maybe something else that could help is to set yourself a mini goal, or mini challenge with a nice reward at the end. Sounds like you need to shake things up, or get a new hobby or something that keeps you feeling excited and focused.

You know Karen, I have no doubt that you are going to get to your goals - whenever that happens!! There are so many other factors rather than just losing weight each week huh? :-)
 
i think you have a plum addiction! lol they sound so delicious!!!!

I like Kates mini goal idea, wee treats just for you, i also think a session with your healer sounds amazing! you deserve a treat mate :) do it for you!
 
When you have been overweight and lost weight there is no such thing as a "break". You have to do this forever I'm afraid - everyday is a new challenge in itself. Sure you can have the odd bad day but overall you can't ever go back. You've worked too hard to risk putting any back on :)
 
Hi ya mate, like I said in my txt ... we arent ready to throw in the towel yet, theres things we wanna do and we aint gunna be able to do them as fatties, so I guess we need to help each other to stop this lack of motivation thing, get our shit together and get to our damn goals, cos hell knows we deserve to! woohoo ... oh yeah, you cant weasle out of the gym thing that quickly, I'm not going camping until 25 Feb, so I'm sure we can find time somewhere! I'll talk to you Sunday after I've humiliated myself wearing swimming togs at a public beach! LMAO! *huggles* you are so way cool, just dont go telling everyone I tell you that cos they'll get jealous *grin*
 
Ok my friend I am going to throw my 2 cents into this.

DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!... Jude wouldn't want it and I certainly wouldn't want you to. Ok you are yoyoing at the moment but you have come so far and at least with having the weigh in's you have the accountablility and by now with all the things that have happened in your life in the past year you have not really gained you have lost!!! that in it's self is an achievement.

Please take time to think about it ok!

Like Helena said she has time before her camping trip and don't go weasling out.

The last couple of months I have been going through the same yoyoing but in the end this journey is worth it and we should never give up because we are going to be at goal one day and proud we kept going.

Love ya heaps
Chubbymum
 
"only 53 steps"? Plimmers Steps is a damn good workout! Perhaps you could look at changing your workout at the gym, to get you more interested again?
 
My turn now! From my many attempts at losing weight I found that I attempted several "breaks" - each time I didn't go back when I planned and when I eventually decided to start again I was always heavier than when I stopped.

Treat yourself when you reach those mini goals, keep at it. Talk to Helena! Best of luck Karen - you can do it.
 
Can't believe the 78kg gain!

I think we are all too smart and wise to allow that to happen to us, but I also think its a damn good thing to have that fear to keep us on our toes.
 
Just look at all of the comments for support and they are all singing the same tune... don't give up.... you can do it....keep at it....

We hate seeing you down like you are at the moment but can you imagine what you would feel like if you stopped WW and started to gain again??

Karen... If I didn't live in another country I would pop over and give you a huge hug XX

Take care of yourself!
 
Good for you going to weighin Karen.
 
I think you know what you need to do. You, afterall, are the one who has lost a MASSIVE 40kg. I mean - I commented something similar on ME's blog, you carry around 4 10kg bags of potatoes strapped to your body for one day and see how bloody far you have come. You need to acknowledge that despite numerous big events in your emotional life these past couple of years, you have still managed to keep on this journey. You can get your flow again Karen, just concentrate on the basics, healthy eating, moderate exercise and water. You know the little pitfalls that are your "frankensteins" - to quote Kt. I am here for you to support in every decision - bar having a break! Just try to stop setting such high expectations for yourself and continue doing what you do best. Love lots.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?