Wednesday, March 22, 2006

 
Hi all

Another day with not too much to report... but am in the habit of updating each day during the week so I find myself doing it automatically if I am at home :)

Work - another pretty quiet day. Had some real dumb questions today from some of the stuff - really makes you wonder sometimes!

Food today has been ok. Wow 5 days with almost no chocolate... I have had a hot chocolate and I must confess that one night I did have a mellowpuff but compared to last weeks eating I have done really well (or so I feel anyway). Am not stressing to what the scales are going to say - just gonna go with the flow but am more concerned with my eating habits - I so don't want to go back to my old ways and I know I won't but sometimes I do feel myself slipping... Water today has been prety slack - hmmmm only about 1 litre so gotta do better than that.

Went out at lunch time and did a nice walk around Lambton Quay - stopped at Whitcoulls and ended up getting myself a lovely pregnancy journal with some vouchers I got for my birthday. Now I just gotta find the time to write everything in it... and its times like this that I wish I had neat printing/writing.

Have got yet another issue with our place we are in at the moment - its one that I mentioned a wee while ago - the drainage out the front. Well between the council and the landlord we are having a few problems. The plumber that the landlord hired to check it out says its the councils problem... when I decided to follow it up with the council nothing had been lodged with them so I lodged a query.... the council says its the landlords problem... and now the landlord says its the neighbours problem... OMG talk about dramas - thank god we are moving thats all I can say. Yes I could just leave it but as it is on the border of our driveway and the footpath it looks a bloody mess and irritates me every time I see it (which is of course very frequently). The neighbours are fighting the landlord now and they are going to ring the council tomorrow to see where they stand!!!

Pregnancy wise - just plodding on - still nervous about the scan but probably not as much as I was earlier in the week. And anyway, we haven't had bad news at the early scan before, it was the next one at 12 weeks that we got the bad news so that one I will be dreading more. I am thinking of asking the MW if I can have a couple of extra scans thrown in for my own peace of mind and I don't mind paying the subsidy for them for that peace of mind.

Anyway, for someone who didn't have much to say - I certainly have rambled on long enough... catch ya all tomorrow after weigh in.

Comments:
Great attitiude Karen not stressing about the scales but trying to keep the healthy eating going!

Looking forward to meeting up again.

Positive thoughts for Saturday from me:)
 
I can imagine how much worse that drainage is after all this rain!
 
Hi Karen. Have not been here for a while and am so excited to find out that you are pregnant. Congratulations. And at a time when there are so many others to share with. (ie Jodie above!)

Good luck with everything and congratulations again. Have a great day :D
 
It sounds like you have got a great support there in the midwife and the GP. Just relax and take care of yourself and your diet hun as you want to keep yourself healthy.

It will happen this time.

Love ya
Chubbymum
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?