Wednesday, March 08, 2006

 

MHD

***note - am just home from the Drs - all definitely ok - in fact the test result line came back a LOT stronger than the control line and very quickly too!!! Dr joked about it being twins since it was so strong at such an early stage. Have got a referral for a scan for end of March - no point in going to early otherwise we won't see the heartbeat. Also getting some bloods done now and then again when I have my scan. Dr is going to write to the High Risk Clinic and see if there is any need for me to go there (as per my midwifes suggestion). Oh my midwife that I used for the last two pregnancies is unavailable this time due to her being on holiday during Oct/Nov) so have been given a couple of referrals from my Dr so will call them over the next day or so. Right off to make a couple of calls now***


Yeap I am at home today having my MHD (Mental Health Day) as I had another real crappy sleep and visited that god damn bathroom at least every 2hrs and then I spend about 15/20mins getting comfortable and back to sleep each time! GRRRRRRRRR I am so over this part of the pregnancy already! LOL Sooo the lack of sleep sure isn't helping my general tiredness so decided a day at home doing nothing was the best cure.

So I was in bed till about 8.30 or so and in my PJ's till about 10 before having a shower... breakfast... watched a DVD (Jack and Sarah)... lunch... supermarket for juice, something for tea and oh shit some milk for me which I have forgotten! Damn!!!!

Just as well I am going out again later to the Dr's so will stop and get some on the way home... bugger! Pooh bum! Shit! LOL Sorry I am just kicking myself as I was gonna make myself a "quik" drink as I found some in the pantry and thought hmmmmmm a lovely drink of Strawberry quik would be great - ahhh no milk - no worries will get some when out - duhhhh!!! Oh well juice it is for now and the water too of course! :)

Thank you all for your lovely comments and well wishes for this pregnancy - am still thinking positvely and am sure all will go just well - just taking each day as it comes really. I am glad I decided to share the news early because SHOULD anything happen I know I am gonna need so much support!

I will still be going to weigh in each week but won't be stressing about my weight at all (please remind me of this when I do stress) - just want to keep going so I can keep an eye on things and just plod along. And anyway, after the first 12 weeks Barbara doesn't charge you again until bubs is 6 weeks old so that if anything will keep me going along.

I was thinking about going to Petone this afternoon for a nice leisurely stroll along the foreshore in the wind etc... but since it is now persisting down with rain I think I will stay put instead! LOL I don't mind the wind as it would have been quite refreshing and blown away the cobwebs etc but the wind and rain combined is not a good look :)

Right I think I may go back and watch another DVD or even do some cross-stitch :) Will try to do another update after I have been to the drs.

Comments:
O...M...G... CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wow, i am SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! This is such wonderful news - a dream come true for you. Fingers crossed all will go wonderfully and we'll be here every step of the way. Congrats again :)
 
Pleased to hear you gave in and had that mental health day!! Will have done you the world of good.

Take care:)
 
Hope you have had a lovely relaxing day :-)
 
Karen, I am so very happy for you and your husband.

Congratulations :)
 
Yay - all sounding very positive!!
 
Karen,

Congratulations, my friend had a similiar experience to you and third time was definately lucky she has a healthy baby boy this time round, I wish you well and I hope you feel a bit better soon and get over the BLAH feeling you have. We can only control what we can control, so you are doing everything right in taking it easy. It is a blessing for you a new house and a new family member to fill it! You go girl!
 
Hi!. I just happened to find your blog and I love reading it!. I want to say Congratulations to you!. I remember being pregant and SOOOOOO tired. Trust me, a Mental Health day is exactly what you need. Keep doing it quite a bit!. Take care of yourself and make sure you pamper yourself while you are at it!. Congrats!
 
Awesome Excellent Great News Way to go Congratulations to u both Keep well
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?