Monday, March 13, 2006

 

Monday Monday...

Oh I do despair Monday's at times! And today was one of those days - not cause of how busy we are but of how quiet things were! Typical - we fight and fight so we can get a temp in due to our workloads and of course once we get the temp in - things go all quiet! LOL Murphy's Law once again... that Murphy sure does have a lot to answer for at times!

So yeap today has been very quiet indeed with the three of us spending a lot of the time trying to look busy... but I must admit it is pretty awesome being so up to date and pretty cruisey - think I better make the most of it as I don't think it will be that way for long.

Oh I must say a huge CONGRATULATIONS to Kim as she has just announced her pregnancy and is due 3 days after me! This really is so exciting with all these pregnancies that are happening. Carla is pregnant and is due 3 days before me... so it really is amazing that the three of us who suffered miscarriages last year are all pregnant and due within 6 days of each other! That really must be a good sign. There is of course Kate as well who is 27 weeks pregnant (if I recall rightly) so talk about pregnancy blogs rather than weight loss! I also want to say a belated congratulations to Jodie who is also pregnant but is about 11 weeks ahead of us three... It had been sometime since I had caught up with Jodie's journal so it was a great surprise to read that she is pregnant as well (and she too has suffered miscarriages)... 2006 is gonna be our year girls and we are going to hold our babies in our arms at the end!!! Though we all know that losing weight has helped us acheive our dreams! You can find links to all of these wonderful ladies on the left hand side in the list of journals that I read.

Thanks again for your great support re the new hair cut - Got some great feedback on it from the girls (and guys) at work today so yeap its definitely here to stay and I must say its a lot easier to do in the mornings and will be cheaper too as I won't need to keep buying the curling paste I was using and at $29.95 per pottle it added up rather quickly!

Food today hasn't been to bad - the veggie stirfry was delicious - maybe a wee bit bland so might add some spices to the one for tomorrow. I ended up adding some left over roast chicken to it as well and ensured I heated it till it was piping hot before I ate it. To top it off I had a lovely piece of chocolate rough that was left over from a luncheon that had been held in our boardroom (right next to our office) - yum that was so delicious! There was lots of other yummy food given to us as well - like smoked salmon and cucumber sandwiches, spicy chicken pieces, mini quiches etc... I said no to all of those but couldn't resist the chocolate rough! And hey I was serious when I said yesterday I don't normally have a sweet tooth so I am gonna blame the pregnancy for this latest surge in sweet stuff.

Water has been quite good though - I would estimate about 2 litres so we all know what that means - many a toilet stop tonight!!! Its a no win situation really - I am finding myself more thirsty with the pregnancy but obviously I am doing enough toilet stops without drinking water so more water equals more toilet stops! GRRRR but hey I will get over it.

I was gonna get out for a walk but oooops never got there tonight - maybe tomorrow. I just lay down for about 30 mins when I get home and then its time for tea etc... so I guess I had better make the most of Daylight Savings since it finishes this weekend!

Anyway, better dash - told Steph's cousin that I would call her about 8ish and its just gone 8 now.. so want to share the news with her. I get on better with her and her family than I do with my cousins!

Catch ya all later

Comments:
Don't you hate it when you have to pretend to be busy! doesn't seem to happen to me much nowdays.

That's just so great that there are 3 of you all due within days that you can share and relate with each other. This is the year for you and Steph!
 
Don't forget folic acid!
Perhaps you've been taking some in a prenatal vitamin anyway whilst TTC...but thought I would remind you anyway because it's important :o)
Best to you Karen!
AM
 
It's unreal isn't it - all 3 of you at once! And yep you are right, I'm 27 weeks tomorrow! :-) Been thinking of you today just randomly by the way!
 
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I keep a blog listing pregnant bloggers and have added you to the list. Please let me know if you'd like to be removed or if I need to change any information. http://thebabyregistry.blogspot.com

Thanks!
 
I can't believe it's almost the end of daylight saving - it always makes me a little sad as you know for sure the summer is gone. And this year it means I won't be able to ride in the evenings, so that will be a weekends only exercise now. My boy is a November baby too - although baby doesn't really apply 17 years later!
 
It warms my heart to hear about all your pregnancies, i can't wait to share the journey with you all. btw, your hair looks great ;)
 
Congratulations on your pregnancy. I found you through Jodie's blog. I am on the pregnancy trail as well - 22 weeks at the moment. Good luck with it all. Very exciting that you have had some good news after your miscarriage - and I am in the same situation with having 3 friends due around the same time! Anyway, all the best, and I will be sure to pop by and see how you are doing! vx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?