Sunday, March 12, 2006

 

Sunday

Hi ya

Yeap Sunday evening is upon us which means the end of another weekend and the beginning of another week... though as things are pretty good at work this week it should be an ok week (fingers crossed).

Thanks for the overwhelming vote of confidence in my new hair cut! I really didn't expect so many comments so I guess it stays for now! :) I did do it the new way this morning and it was rather easy really though it is still quite short. The natural curls I have normally could make it tricky as it gets longer so am doing so searching and bidding on straightners on TradeMe as the hairdresser did use a straightner on the sides and at the back (where the curls tend to appear).

From peoples reactions today - the first thing they are noticing is the colour though the funny thing is I haven't had it coloured since the week before Christmas so obviously the new cut as brought out the foils and colours I have in it. The hairdresser also suggested I try some new colours when I next get my foils done (which will probably be June - usually twice a year) so will have a think about that.

Today has been a cruisey day really. Slept in and spent some "quality" time with Steph *nudge nudge wink wink* Though it does make it so much more fun when you aren't thinking about dates and "is this the right day etc" LOL After just blobbing out for an hour or so, we went and visited Janine and Si in their new house whilst they are just around the corner and down the road from us. They have done remarkably well with their unpacking given their health. We also got to meet their baby "Porsha" - she is so cute and so active :)

After leaving there, it was off to Steph's parents place for a catch up, some lunch and to share our good news with them. Did a quick stop at his sisters place to pick up some of the lamb that we have in their freezer and then home, changed and off to meet Helena for a coffee in Upper Hutt. I did send out a txt yesterday to see who was free... but Jo couldn't make it and Janine was unsure at that stage (and as her Dad was down for the day she didn't come) so Helena and I gasbagged our way through an hour or so! Boy time flies when you are yakking away! I enjoyed a yummy chocolate fudge brownie (with yoghurt on the side not cream) and a sweet Iced Chocolate! And I say I haven't got a sweet tooth!!! Well ususally I don't.... honest! :) After leaving Mayfair - we did a quick stop at Woolies where we both needed a few things and then I dropped Helena back home.

Home and I whipped up a yummy stirfry which consisted of: mushrooms, yellow peppers, zuchinni, carrots, brocolli, cauliflower and snow peas. I then cooked up some Uncle Bens rice and I now have enough lunches for the next 3 days :) YUM YUM!!! Not sure if you can call it cravings just yet but boy I am really enjoying fresh veggies! Thats all gotta be good for me. Might add a small tin of tuna to it as well when I have it at work tomorrow... boy I can't wait - I'm drawling already! And its also gotta be good for our budget and saving money from buying lunch all the time.

Have got a roast chicken in the oven as we speak along with potatoes, pumpkin, peas and brocolli.... yum yum!!!

Anyway, best I get moving, still got things to do... also trying to get hold of a Midwife since my other one is gonna be on holiday in November. I have left messages with a couple of them but so far no phonecalls back - will give them a couple of days before I try again and then move on to next on the list... There is a real shortage of MW's in the Wellington Region so I do hope I manage to find someone.

Catch ya all later - hope you all have a good week.

Comments:
Just caught up with the haircut photo - very nice indeed!
 
The Birthworks Ladies in Petone (Ava Street) are fantastic. On the natural, low intervention side so not sure how that would fit in with what you want for a pregnancy & birth?? Also can recommend Jenny Carruthers - she's lovely.
There is indeed a big shortage but at least you're onto it early!
Good luck :o)
 
Good luck with the midwife search:)
 
LOVE your hair cut karen... (having all of us here is like having personal stylist!!!)
You do look much younger... But it is so hard to change. I have been toying with the idea of cutting my hair shorter... can't bring myself to do it. It takes soo long ot grow!!

How does the birth thing work in NZ.. we just rock up to the hospital with all of the MW provided...

Enjoyed your stirfry lunch!!
 
Don't talk to me about having a sweet tooth - I will focus on all the fresh vege's you mentioned instead...

... No, not working - damn!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?