Tuesday, March 07, 2006

 

Two Pink Lines...




Hi ya

Yeap those two pink lines above mean one thing and one thing only - yes I am pregnant again! And hopefully third time lucky for us... I was gonna wait until I had it all confirmed with the Dr tomorrow evening but duh I forgot that I told you all I was gonna do a test when I did my update after last weeks weigh in! *duh* Thanks Kim for reminding me of that wee comment I had made :) Thanks also to those readers who I emailed on Sunday to share my good news for keeping it quiet :) Though as I now realise I guess most of you had guessed the news since I had mentioned doing the test - then suddenly I was feeling "blah" and not exercising! Gees I will call it preggy brain for now - but its probably just pure forgetfulness on my part :)

So yes, I woke early Sunday morning and although I was not going to do the test (which we bought whilst doing the groceries on Saturday) I found myself doing it cursing myself for wasting a test and money... but within about 30 secs the 2nd line had appeared!!! Okay the photo isn't the best of quality - for some reason the camera just wouldn't focus on it properly but thats the best I could get for now. Anyway, as much as I wanted to wake Stephan and share the good news with him, I let him sleep and I just lay in bed tossing and turning and thinking till I finally got up about 8.30am... left the test on the bench for Stephan to see when he got up and had breakfast. Was a nice surprise for him and we are both now coming back down to earth and trying not to stress and worry too much about our history and we are thinking positively that this one will be just fine!

So there you have it - the real reason why I have been feeling blah, tired and generally yucky! No definite Morning Sickness as yet but a real queasiness feeling most of the time and that yucky metalic taste in my mouth and oh yeah how could I possibly forget the sore boobs! LOL

I have put my membership at the gym on hold until at least early May when I will be 12 weeks and I will reassess how things are then so until then I will just do gentle walks when I FEEL like it! Am hoping that perhaps it will be nice to aim for say 3 gentle walks a week but like I say I will see how I am feeling each day. I can now kiss goodbye to the Duathlon now which really does suck but now is not a good time to be training to cycle 10kms... if I had already been doing at least 10km reguarly then I MAY have CONSIDERED still doing it but since I can really only doing about 5.5kms I am not going to go ahead with it. The entry fee is non-refundable so if anyone wants to give it a go under my name then just let me know - otherwise I will turn up the day before for my entry pack regardless to get my shirt, watch and other goodies as I don't want to waste the $50 entry fee.

It really was Murphy's Law for it to happen this month now that I was really enjoying the gym and the Duathlon training and of course don't forget the fact that we have just bought a house and will have a huge mortgage real soon!!! But hey we will manage with the house - I was gonna have to go back to work anyway even if we didn't have the mortgage so theres nothing new with that aspect.

But right, I am off now - gonna read some more blogs, before hitting the sack. And oh Kate - unless anything major happens tomorrow will be my Mental Health day!!! YAY!!!! I am looking foward to sleeping in, doing nothing but yet doing whatever I feel like doing when I feel like it. But then of course my conscience may get the better of me but hey we are up to date at work at the moment so no worries there - just hope the day off doesn't cause me to get behind but I should be ok...

That's me - am falling asleep here - catch ya all tomorrow night after I have been to the Dr's :)

Comments:
Congratulations to both of you!! I'm so pleased that you posted the news as I'm sure many would have been reading between the lines.

Murphy's Law alright - I had a feeling that this would happen to you when you made the decision to purchase a home - don't worry about anything except you, Steph and your baby.

Very best of wishes Karen for a healthy pregnancy - Love Anne
 
Once again congratulations - am so pleased for you both :):)

Cheers Jaxx
 
ALL THE BEST AT DOCTORS TOMORROW
GREAT NEWS yes i ws yelling so u could hear me
 
I'm still excited from Sunday :-)

Good on you for taking your mental health day!

And what fantastic news that you are getting all those symptoms :-)

SOOOOOO happy for you!
 
De Ja Vu Karen! I found out that I was pregnant with Rhian the weekend after we bought our house too!
CONGRATULATIONS again chick! That is just awesome news!!
 
Yay for double pink lines!! Congratulations again, and hope you enjoy your rest day tomorrow :-)
 
Hi Karen

I came across your journal a couple of months ago - and pop back every couple of weeks to see how you are going. Congratulations on your pregnancy - I wish every joy and happiness.

Thanks for sharing your life with so many.
 
Congrats from me again too!!!! :) im soooo happy for you hun!! :) bring on these November babies!!!!!!!
you so better be at home right now! if your at work, your in big trouble!!! :P:P

xxxxx
 
Congratulations. I'm so pleased for you and fingers crossed all goes well.

I was sure I was pregnant this last week. We've been trying for about 7 months now and I've had sore breasts for over a week but TOM arrived this morning... So for the moment have to live vicariously through others!
 
YAAAAAAAWHOOOOOOO Can you hear me yelling from Australia??? I have a huge lump in my throat and tears welling in my eyes as I type this... I can't believe it... Will say a little prayer to "St Gerard" for you - the keeper of unborn babies...Please take things easy and enjoy your mental health day... WOW - What a way to start my day!!!
 
Fantastic news Karen!!!
Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy. How exciting!
 
Congratulations. Take care of your self.
 
As I said on Sunday hun!!! Wohooo and I think it is a wise wise thing for you especially to give up the exercise just until you are safe.

I am crossing everything for you hun... I hope this works out for you as you are going to make a great mum.

Love CM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?