Thursday, March 30, 2006

 

Weigh In

Hi all

We got sent home early today as the system got locked down as B started the end of tax year reports etc... so about 3pm he told us to go home which L and I certainly did not complain about. L had her car so dropped me off at Waterloo Station and I then wandered over to weigh in knowing that I would be in for a gain due to a few reasons but it wasn't going to be helped by the fact that I had a lateish lunch and was weighing in 2 hrs earlier than normal... but that was my choice as I could have gone home and then gone back down again later but with the price of petrol I thought no way - lets get it over and done with. So yes I had my gain and although it was slightly more than I had initally thought it would be I am ok with it. The gain was 1 kilo which I know is a lot and I can't use the pregnancy for all of that considering my eating over the last week - not so much the quality of the food but more the quantity of it! Barbara has given me this really good book about Sugar levels/Low GI food etc for me to read over the next week or two so am looking forward to getting stuck in to that and learning some things about food :)

So yeah work today was pretty full on - had an urgent team meeting this morning that went on for longer than we had anticpated and then with the system being unexpectantly locked down earlier than anticpated we did not manage to acheive a lot today. And tomorrow we are unable to do any inputting as B will be doing the end of year rollovers etc... but there are lots of other wee jobs that we can do. We may end up working an extra hour or two either tomorrow night (if the system comes up before we go home) or on Monday night but thats all ok - thats paid overtime for our pockets!

Food today has been good - lots of grapes as the lady from downstairs had more to sell. I am doing really well with my fruit intake at the moment and am averaging 2/3 pieces a day which is fantastic for me. Okay it doesn't stop a lot of the sweet "cravings" but I certainly try to use the fruit when I can. Water today has been a bit slack but I did have one of the yummy smoothies at lunch time - strawberries, raspberries, bananas and Orange Juice! YUM YUM!

Seem to have a husband missing in action at the moment as he is normally home by 4ish and its now 5pm... am not overally worried just yet as he has probably gone to Upper Hutt or Lower Hutt to get something and gotten sidetracked like he does sometimes.

Right I am gonna get moving - enough blabbering from me. Catch ya all later.

Comments:
Wah! Wish I would get sent home from work occassionally, lol!!

Bummer about that gain, but can probably be partially continued to the late lunch and early weigh-in.

Well done on the fruit eating :-)
 
Don't be too worried as the timing of the weigh in would have a lot to do with the gain:)

LOL at the missing husband!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?