Wednesday, March 01, 2006

 

Yahoooo

Hi all

Yip the house deal is signed, sealed and has gone unconditional!!! OMG it is so scarey thinking that we are now house owners and in 7 weeks time will be starting to pay back a mortgage for the next 20 years or so! But at the same time it is pretty exciting too... if the tenants hand in their notice prior to the 7 weeks, we will be notified and we can hand ours in as well and move in earlier all going well.

So we have decided that we will start some of the major cleaning jobs over the next few weekends i.e. cleaing the oven, moving the fridge and oven and cleaning behind them etc so when we actually do move there won't be as bigger a job to do!

Anyway, back to reality and work - all going well there. Pretty much up to date and as much as I would LOVE to have a mental health day I hate that guilty feeling I always end up having during the day off! MIGHT consider it later next week but will see how things are going. But it sure is tempting that is for sure. Oh I must share something here though - I decided when I woke this morning that I was not going to swear today and that I was going to have a happy positive attitude to all (including staff out in the field that really get up my nose) and I did it and felt so much better for having done it! Okay I said the "F" word once just before I left but I quickly corrected myself. I know it was getting up the others noses (in a joking way) with me being so cheerful and poilte! In fact when I left this afternoon, they all told me that they wanted the "old" Karen back tomorrow as it was much more fun! LOL Will see how I am feeling in the morning but it really did make me feel so much better. :)

Food today - pretty good over all. Had some lamb chops for tea (from that 1/2 lamb that we got a couple weeks back) - OMG so tender and yummy but quite fatty too! Stephan cooked them on the foreman grill and you should have seen the fat that dripped out of them! Unbelievable really! But hey at least by cooking them on the grill the fat drips out of them rather than actually cooking in the fat itself! Water today - about 2.5 litres so am pleased with that.

Exercise - well I have actually done two lots today! Well did my normal walk in the morning and then climbed Plimmer Steps, but at lunch time 4 of us gals when out walking in the sunshine along the waterfront for 30 mins so that felt really good. It was a slow steady pace as one of the girls is a bit unfit and has arthitis in her knees but it was great that she came along with us when the suggestion was sent out via email earlier this morning. Then of course as it is Wednesday - that means gym day! So had a great session at the gym - Robyn has upped some of my repitions for some of my exercises so I had to work that extra bit harder today but hey thats all good.

Tonight has been a wee bit emotional as Stephan has started his shooting season (Smallbore Indoor Rifle Shooting) and that was when Jude and I often had girly evenings gasbagging about work etc so when Steph walked out the door it hit me so had a wee cry but am sure I will be just fine.

Anyway, best I get moving as I need to catch up with my mum now that she is back from her holiday up in the Coromandel... catch ya all tomorrow after weigh in - oh not sure how I will go due to the mouthwatering delicious dinner we had for Stephan's fathers birthday tea last night. It was pretty healthy but I think I just ate too much in general... but will keep ya all posted.

Comments:
Wooohooo congratulations!! It really is different and much nicer having your own place! YAY!
 
Congrats - scary but a nice scary and at least you know when you do the work on it, it is for you and not the landlord.....

Cheers Jaxx
 
ohhh yay!!! thats fantastic news!! congratulations!!!
 
Fantastic news - you'll love having your own home, well done!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?