Monday, April 17, 2006

 
Hi all

Just a quickie to say that I am so looking forward to going to work tomorrow for a rest! I am shattered and exhausted and so looking forward to going to bed real soon.
Yesterday was a great day despite the early ungodly start when Helena and Craig picked me up to be part of the support crew to watch Helena compete in the Duathlon (under my name). We also caught up with Sue there so it was fantastic to be able to support both of them and to capture their action on the camera :) Well done to both of you and may I be joining you next year :)
After Helena and Craig dropped me off - it was time to do a quick change, scoff down a Hot Cross Bun (having had toast etc at 6am) and then it was time to hit the road and head to Masterton. Picked up my sisters two youngest from Upper Hutt Station and had a great trip over the hill. Awesome afternoon over there with the most delicious roast lamb for lunch! OMG it was so nice and I ate so much! But enjoyed every mouthful of it! Then we had lots of yummy dessert too.... so between that meal and the general eating of Easter Sunday we left there feeling rather full. Must admit at one stage going back over the hill I thought I was gonna have to get Steph to pull over as I started feeling rather seedy but just wound the window down and the fresh air did wonders.
Today - well lets see - more packing, washing, cleaning Charlies cage, packing, packing, and yet more packing. Almost done now thank goodness! Stephs mum popped down for just over an hour or so and helped me finish the kitchen off and we started the job of wiping down the inside of the cupboards! Once they had left (his dad had come down to pick his mum up), we popped over to his brothers to drop some bits off and to give the kids their easter eggs, stayed there for a while yakking away and then popped up to Silverstream to drop off more easter eggs to his sisters kids and were there for another hour so by this time it was almost 7pm so there was no way we were going to go home and cook so fish and chips on the way home it was...
Oh well, this was supposed to be a brief one but typical of me once I get "talking" theres no stopping me! LOL
I am off to bed now - catch ya all later during the week.

Comments:
Sounds like a lovely weekend! Hope you get some rest soon :-)
 
phew a long day but a rewarding one. you go girl support crew very important part of an event the support crew. don't forget to rest a bit though girl.
 
Well done with the packing Karen - sounds as if you are getting well organised:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?