Sunday, April 09, 2006

 
Holy Moly - where do the weekends go??? Can't believe its Sunday evening already! Though I guess when one has been packing, eating, packing, eating (get the idea LOL) time does go fast... or in my eyes the weekend has gone fast. ALMOST looking forward to going back to work to get a break!

So what have we done this weekend - not a lot really. Friday evening was quiet - emptied the linen cupboard and packed majority of that up. Saturday, we had an appt at 10am (though I thought it was 9.30am oooops) at the bank to go through all our mortgage doucments! I thought we were going to be signing them but apparently we do that with our lawyer... great more costs! So all we ended up doing was going through the terms/conditions and then signing the papers to open an account to service the mortgage payments since its not our usual bank (you will recall we went through a broker). But as I am a Govt employee we get great discounts etc at the bank and also $500 towards legal costs so thats all great!

After the bank, we dropped off 15 supermarket bags full of clothes, sheets, duvet covers etc to the Salvation Army shop in Lower Hutt! That felt so good to one get rid of them from our spare bedroom (can now see the floor) and two to be helping others in the community. We have since discovered we are going to have more to donate but will probably do that the Saturday after we move as its only a couple of bags.

What else did we do on Saturday, groceries, packing, picked up HEAPS of more boxes from a friend that moved last week... in fact I think we have too many now! But I can say this - Sue those small boxes you got for us have been invaluable and so damn handy for so many things! Thanks heaps! :) So we have now offically cleared out the bathroom as I did the bathroom cupboards in the morning and threw away so much crap we had in there! And my computer desk is now more or less clear of junk... am now contemplating whether we list it on Trade Me since we have the laptop we don't really need such a big desk.... so will have a think about that. We had a quiet night last night - ended up getting a couple of DVD's out - we got Mr and Mrs Smith (which I had seen at the movies with Jude) and also The 40yr old virgin! I have not laughed so much in ages at that movie - heaps of swearing in it but man it was hillarious and just the movie I needed to wind down. Whilst out, I decided to get Texacana burgers for tea - normally I have one of their chicken ones as I am not a huge beef pattie fan but with the pregnancy etc I thought I better play it safe so I had their basic beef one. Nice but not as exciting as the chicken ones.

Today, we packed the car with 6 boxes of my brothers stuff (I didn't realise there were so many of his in the garage) and then picked up my neice and headed up to Mums to drop off the boxes and for lunch. She has decided to resurect her CrockPot and had made a yummy steak casserole for lunch so a big meal for lunch and even got Ice Cream for dessert we don't really need much for tea at all. Though as I thought, my stomach is now rumbling - oh the joys of being pregnant! LOL But still think we will probably just have toasted sandwiches. We did stop at the fish truck in Paekakareki (excuse spelling) and got some Terahiki for tomorrow night (and also some for the freezer) but the more I think about the fish the more I want it tonight... so MAY end up having that with some oven baked fries... who knows!

Have sold two more items on Trade Me but have listed a few more things yesterday including two old exercise machines that were my mother in laws but she doesn't want them back and we have no room for them so have thrown them on Trade Me for $5 reserve so hopefully we get rid of them. They are pretty old but do work so am sure someone out there will want them. Actually, if any of you local ladies are interested in those, or a breville bodyzone foot spa (only used once) just yell out and I can always cancel the auction since there are no bids on them as yet. Sorry should have asked here first.

Anyway, time to get moving, things still to do... though not sure if we will actually get any more packing done this evening.

Hope you all have a good week - a nice short one this week with the Easter break coming up.

Comments:
OMG I don't envy you with all the packing that is for sure.

I had to pack two house loads (ours and my mothers (who lives with us now) when I was only out of hospital after a c-section for 2 weeks and move.... OMG I wouldn't wish that on anyone and wouldn't want to move ever again he he he he.

Your weekend sounded eventfull that is for sure. Better to be busy that to be bored out of your tree aye.

I so want to get the 40yr old Virgin... I hear it is fantastic.

Love ya
CM
 
Sounds as if you had a busy weekend getting ready for the move.

Know what you mean about where do the weekends go:)

Have a great week and keep up that packing!
 
Hehe the 40 year old virgin is funny!

And yay for a short week!! :-) Two even!
 
Did you know it is a year this week since I met you in Wellington?

Chubbymum
 
OMG a year already CM.... wow that time has gone so fast!!! Can't wait to meet you again - hopefully sometime soon :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?