Thursday, April 27, 2006

 
**WARNING - BITCHY HOROMONAL POST AHEAD**

I have had enough!!!!!!!! Since buying this house we seem to have had nothing but problems! First there was the front door key issue (still unresolved), the stove issue (with the agents) and now after waiting a week to get someone out to check out the ariel situation - he only came to give us a quote and can't do the job until Monday or Tuesday next week!!! And it is going to cost us $373!!!!!!!!!! $373 that we don't have to spare at the moment especially after spending over $600 on a garden shed (definitely required as we have no garage) and $200 on bits and pieces for the shower (much needed) and extra rails etc for bathroom and a new lock for the laundry door! We still have to get new locks on the front and back door yet too!!! FFS - If I had known it was going to cost so much I would have stayed renting!

We do have savings (not heaps though) which I am trying to build on to use as a nest egg whilst I am on Maternity Leave (only taking about 5mths off) but I can see that dwindling down slowly but surely...

I am so sick of sitting at home listening to the damn radio! Yes I guess I could watch a DVD or video but don't want to do that - I want to watch my TV programmes - Shortland St, Super Nanny, Coro St, Extreme Home Makeover... and Stephan is missing all his action/crime ones like CSI, Spooks etc... Yes I guess we could try getting other quotes but since its taken this long to get one person here, by the time we get others around here (in the times that it suits us not just any time of the day) it could be weeks before we get the TV up and running!

I have a headache as well but don't want to go to bed just yet otherwise I will be wide awake half the damn night! Only ate tea about 30 mins ago but am hungry already so can see a nibbling episode coming up soon...

I want to get out and visit people as there are quite a few people I could visit but I can't be arsed doing that.... I want to do some more unpacking but it makes it hard when I can't do any lifting of the boxes etc... I want to visit Jude so much but well we know I can't do that either - and we now live so much closer to where she did as well. God I am missing her so much at the moment - I want her here going through this pregnancy with me like she promised me she would be!!! God why is life so unfair at times!

I went to weigh in as well and as expected I gained and it was more or less what I predicted as well - 1.7 kilos over the last 3 weeks! Barbara was ok with it as am I! Hey we have had Easter in that time as well and I did have a bit of chocolate... and my exercise has been pretty slack too of late! Perhaps I will get my energy back in the next couple of weeks or two...

Got the roadtrip to Palmy on Sunday with the gals - it will be so cool to meet Jenny (Jo's mum) and also Felicity (from down south) and it will just be great to catch up with the other Wgtn gals too! And of course the two princesses Rhian and Jorja will be there too... will be great too see how they get on with each other now that they are growing up!

Anyway, thats enough from me for one night - oh work is hell too at the moment! So all in all life is shit and I am sure that the scan on Saturday is going to produce bad news... I know I am supposed to think positively but that is easier said than done right now!

Catch ya all later - probably on Saturday after the scan etc... We have a Prenzels party tomorrow night at Lynaires place but I won't be doing any sampling apart from the Ice Cream Toppings of course...

See ya and thanks for listening to me moan and bitch!

PS Its just on 8pm and I have just demolished a whole bag of Salt and Vingear chips and feel even more yuck now! Might just head to bed and cry myself to sleep... (oh Steph is out at shooting too otherwise I wouldn't have eaten them all)

Comments:
Hi Karen

I'm thinking positive thoughts for your scan:) Sad that Jude isn't here to share with you.

You really seem to be having some problems with the house. Hopefully just teething problems and will all get sorted. It will all come right but I can imagine you're tearing your hair out in the meantime. Even though you are spending money on the new house - it's all an asset for you.

Looking forward to Sunday as well and catchingup with all you Wellington girls:)
 
Big hugs babe. I absolutely hate days like this when it all gets too much. And the hormones don't help do they? They make it all worse sometimes!!

I'm sure once the initial teething problems are dealt with you will start to enjoy living in your new house.

I'm glad you have the girly get together to look forward - try and focus on that because it sounds like it's going to be really lovely.

I so understand your worries about the scan - very scary stuff indeed, and I'm sure I would feel the same way - but all you can do is just keep on thinking positively - remember that last week everything was fine. I know nothing anyone says will put your mind at ease until you have the scan.

I really hope you have a fantastic night's sleep and wake up tomorrow feeling fresher and brighter.

And please don't worry about the chips and weigh in etc - you can only focus on a few things at a time. It's not worth the stress!!
xx
 
The house thing was like that when I moved in here, I am lucky dad can do a lot of the stuff, like fencing, changing the loo etc etc.... After about 3 weeks I started falling in love with the place and I am sure you will to. Take a deap breath, hey try mediating, while you don't have a tv.
Wishing you all the best for the scan.
Cheers Jaxx
 
you are so adorable!
 
Chin up chick - they are just called teething problems..... welcome to the land of mortgages and ownership! No landlords to call when things go wrong.
I am sure the scan will be fine too..... I'm sending all my positive vibes out to you for that.
And as for the chips? Forget it - it's done....... move on. Big hugs, Jo :)
 
~MASSIVE HUGS~ Chicky!

Hope you feel a bit better for letting it all out.

Thinking of you heaps :-)

*mwa mwa*
 
Hey Karen ... Gees, I could relate to your heading tonight!! It pretty much described how I would have headed my blogger tonight, if I had one!

Sorry to hear that you've had some unexpected expenses and stresses with your new house - hopefully it won't be long before you will feel like things are back on track.

I can understand your apprehension about your scan - positive vibes are coming north your way - so grab them with both hands ok?

*Hugs* ... Hope tomorrow and the weekend is better.

- Paula
 
Poor Karen! It was just difficult timing with getting the house as you got pregnant. I do understand your concern about the dwindling nest-egg. Unfortunately setting up house is expensive but you'll feel much better a year from now with a secure home for the family - not dependent on landlords.

Having been through the process now myself, I will borrow an extra couple of grand to deal with those little things when we ever get around to buying another place.

Enjoy your day on Sunday and good luck for saturday!
 
Hope you're feeling better this morning, grumpy guts! :-)
It's awful that everything feels like it's going wrong at once - and the house stuff is just so stressful.
Sending lots of positive thoughts your way for the scan - and have a great day on Sunday!
 
Hope you're feeling a bit brighter today!!

As has already been mentioned, all the little things going wrong with the house are definately annoying, but try to think of it as improvements to your house and more importantly, to your baby's house!!! Once its all done, and set up EXACTLY how you want it, it is going to be your families home, your special place, and definately heaps nicer than an anonymous, impersonal rental!!

Best of luck for the scan tomorrow, and have a great meet-up with the other girls :-)
 
Hope you are feeling much better today, and that the scan goes well:)

Even though Jude is not their with you in person I'll bet she is there watching over you!
Now what would she say if she read this post:)...remain positive!
 
The scan will be fine.. the tv will get fixed and things will start turing for you...
Huge hugs from us...
 
One thought... have you tried to use rabbit's ears (inside aerial) for reception in the mean time? Yu don't get the greatest picture but you will get some channels ok. Oh.. and good luck for Saturday and do let us know.
 
Oh Karen!

Hope you are feeling a little better today. If i lived closer I would tape all those TV shows for you & drop them over!!! (We don't have coro street in melbourne). Am sending warm fuzzies over the sea's to you for your scan, & remember, Jude is their, watching over you. Cyber Hugs, Cat (melbourne)

PS i know what u mean about the chips & feeling yuk; i feel possessed sometime to eat entire bags of them too, like a mad frenzy. My flavour of choice is usually samboy BBQ.
 
hey lovely, i hope your feeling a little happier today *hugs* sux monkeys when you feel poos, the house stuff will all fall together, as will the baby stuff, your scan tomorrow, will go just fine im sure! feel free to email me anytime 12 weeks 2 days and counting sweets!

as for the chips, blah, dont worry! your baby just wanted salt! (my excuse anyway, the baby wants it!) have a nice bubble bath and try to relax, we are all here for you!!
 
Sweetheart... I didn't check posts last night. I hope you are better today..

You know you can send me an email anytime you like!! Anytime of the day and I will reply.

I wish you lived closer as I would have come and given ya a hug.

It is hard with the hormones hun...

I hate to say it but houses always cost a lot but you will make a lot as well in the long run.. it is better to put money in your own pocket than other pockets.

Can you not still use your dvd player even though you don't have rabbits ears... you could always go watch some dvd's maybe? or borrow some? just a thought.

Don't fear about the weight gain too much hun... just take it off after bubba... don't stress too much about weight my friend... you are doing well.

LOVE ya heaps.. big hugs
Love CM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?