Saturday, April 15, 2006

 
Well its 7.50pm on Saturday and I think I will be heading to bed shortly... am totally shattered after a full on day tidying and packing! And I have just had a phone call from Helena saying that her and Craig will be picking me up at 6.30am tomorrow as part of the support crew for Helena doing the Duathlon as me. She even had to forge my signature today when signing the waiver form... ooops :) Oh well the things we do for our friends hey mate! *wink wink*

So have got the bike rack ready, my foldaway chair ready, my bag ready (with food, water, jacket and camera in it) so all I have to do when I get up is shower and have some toast. Its gonna be a long day cause as soon as we get home from that, it will be a quick change for me and then jump in the car, pick up my niece and nephew from Upper Hutt station and then head over the hill to Masterton for the afternoon and to have a family lunch at my sisters. It will make a change from packing but with the early start and approx 3hrs travelling (Masterton and return) I think I will be hitting the sack early then as well.

So recapping my weekend so far - packing, tidying, reminising, packing, dropping another full car load of stuff off to the Salvation Army shop and yet more packing. Oh some where in there we did the groceries but no housework has been done - too much like hard work moving around the boxes etc... so will probably just give the toilet and bathroom a quick going over on Monday and then next Saturday the whole house will be spotless as I have two friends from work and my sister coming to give me a hand to clean this place so with the ole saying "many hands make light work" it shouldn't be too bad and shouldn't take too long at all.

I have had some tearful moments as well today with the packing just proving to be too much for me and the decision making when going through old boxes of things I haven't seen for years... so these damn hormones have so much to answer for at the moment. Stephs mum is coming around on Monday to give me a hand to go through the pantry and kitchen cupboards (did some of them on Friday) and will clean the cupboards as well... so I think I will be ready to go to work on Tuesday for a rest! And its only a three day week for me this week and next week so am sure I can survive that.

Right, time to do some other things before hitting the sack but definitley can see me in bed by 9pm!

Happy Easter to you all and all your loved ones and families. I hope you are enjoying the quality time with them and for those travelling - may your travels be safe ones.

*hugs to you all*

Comments:
Happy Easter hun! Hope the rest of your weekend goes well - and you survive your early morning tomorrow! Hehe.
You sound busy busy, much like our weekend. Feels good to get stuff down, but it does make you very tired. Hope you get a good rest at some stage soon!
 
Cheer Helena on for me hun
Have a great Easter Sunday
 
Sounds like a full-on weekend!!

Happy Easter :-)
 
Hi Karen,

I haven't left a comment for a while, but I am one that reads your journal on a regular basis. I just wanted to say congratulations on the pregnancy and on buying a house, two such exciting thing at once!
Best wishes for you packing, I know how hard that can be, but in the end you will be in your own house!
Take care.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?