Thursday, April 13, 2006

 
Yeap its Thursday and the beginning of a long weekend... at long last I say! Didn't make it to weigh in today. I could have made it time wise but was absoutley shattered and also I had ended up having lunch at the pub (but no drinking of course) with some girls from work and I had the most scrumptious, delicious, mouth watering plate of bangers and mash!!! Yeap 3 devine sausages with a large pile of mashed spud with gravy and plum sauce! OMG it was so yummy but oh so filling... so that combined with the fact that I wore casual clothes today (since today was really Friday workwise) and they were a lot heavier than my normal weigh in clothes. So bascially didn't want to face the scales today and to be honest not sure if I will get there next week as well since that is the day before we move but will see how things are going then.

Though, Barbara has recently started doing Saturday mornings, so I MIGHT pop down there on Saturday - will see how I am feeling and what time I get up! LOL

Back to last night with my catch up with Helena - OMG we can talk when we get together but then I guess thats like any friends that get together! Yak Yak Yak... I do need to share one interesting fact that she shared with me and believe me it kept coming back to "daunt" me today whenever I thought about it! LOL We had been discussing my recent fetish for "Killer Crocs" - they are about 60c and are big wine gum crocidles bascially in all sorts of colours. Anyway, I told Helena I had demolished 5 yes FIVE of them yesterday and she shared this story with me that she got told at a WW meeting last year prior to Christmas (Warning some content may offend):
Basically, when you think of bowls of chippies, nuts etc at a party and you think of the number of hands that have been in that bowl amongst the nuts etc before your hands went in to get some... yes YOUR hands may well be clean but what about all the other party goers??? Have they all washed their hands after going to the toilet or have they scratched their butt lately or picked their nose??? So with that in mind, research has shown that bowls of food left for people to help themselves too are huge carriers of faeces!!! Yes thats right faeces! So as my "killer crocs" are in open containers that people pick their own from - she made me think how many other pairs of hands have touched that croc that I am eating! Yes I know I only touch the one that I am buying but who knows how many the other people have touched prior to me!!! Ok that really freaked me out and has put me off them big time! I then thought hang on - one place I purchase them from - the container is behind the counter and the staff use mini tongs to get them out HOWEVER the lid is not on the container so you then think flies and other insects, and people coughing and sneezing!!!! So I definitley won't be eating those again and Helena txt me this morning just to remind me "THINK OF FAECES" she said! LOL Thanks for the reminder mate! So I decided any lollies etc I may purchase now are in the form of wrapped or in sealed bags!

So thats my thought to share with you all...hopefully I haven't offended anyone by sharing that.

Not much else happening really - today was the day from hell workwise and I must admit it was probably the worst payrun we have had since I have been back at DOC! Talk about stress city - well initally all was ok but then next minute all hell broke loose - the phones didn't stop, the faxes didn't stop!!!

Oh I rang Pacific Radiology this morning and all of their clincs were fully booked today and they are not open this Saturday due to the long weekend! So bugger no scan more me until the 29th - well thats only 2 weeks away and I know IF anything was to happen I could get an emergency appt to have a scan but since I still have all the symptoms I just have to relax and take it easy!

Well a exciting weekend for us - NOT! Packing, packing and more packing! Oh and some cleaning too I guess. Though we do get a break on Sunday as I will be heading into town with Helena to support her and Sue in the duathlon and then home, change and Steph and I head over the hill to Masterton to have a family lunch over there. Oh must ring my sister and see if there is anything I can bring.

Right, my back is getting sore, and I am shattered... hope you all have a lovely enjoyable and safe long weekend and a very Happy Easter to you all and your families!

Comments:
Good luck with the packing - just moved Joanna and oh what a business! All done now, just have to get my house back in order.
 
I learn't all that lovely information when I did a Food and Hygiene course - this also applies to food at food courts left in bain maries - people leaning over the food to wipe the glass with chemicals, food being left in for too long, or is leftovers from yesterday and many heating cooling is not up to scratch ect...it really put me off, which is a good thing..lol
Hope you have a great Easter and that the packing goes well:)
 
Have a Happy Easter My friend. Enjoy the move! It is this weekend isn't it?

Chubbymum
 
Well, that is certainly something to think about next time you reach for "communal" food!!!

Leighanne's comment was interesting too, as I was watching a bloke behind the counter at an Indian place at the foodcourt use his dirty cloth to wipe in between all the containers, and I swear I saw the end of the cloth dangle into the sauce of the butter chicken - eeeew!!! (btw, I had a nice healthy stir-fry from the Thai place next door, lol).

Last weekend of packing, hope the end is in sight!!
 
Happy Easter Karen!

- Paula
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?